Triton or ranger aluminum bass boat

cathunter

Does anyone own the 18 ft triton or ranger aluminum bass boat ? Been looking at them and just wandering ow well they fish. Stability, ride etc. the one thing I'm concerned about is live well size. They seem kinda small to me.

gobblegrunt

I own a 2001 Cherokee Ranger 18ft. The livewells are smaller than what I would like but they get the job done. It has a 2001 Johnson 115 on it. It tops out at 48 mph. It's not as stable as a fiberglass boat but it is stable enough. One of these days I'm going to upgrade but for now this one is good enough for me.

Gonefishing2

cathunter":baa2lyjs said:
Does anyone own the 18 ft triton or ranger aluminum bass boat ? Been looking at them and just wandering ow well they fish. Stability, ride etc. the one thing I'm concerned about is live well size. They seem kinda small to me.

I've got a new ranger(RT188) coming. Should be ready to go in the next day or so!

arctic_cat

My parents have the triton. Its a great boat. Live well is great, kept all of our fish alive so far. Had over 15lbs of bass in it before with no issues. Make sure you max it out on motor size. He maxed his out with the 115 proxs and it does what he wants but Id like to have more speed out off it. I believe the ranger came out with one that's holds a 150. If it was me, Id go with the 150 if possible. It rides ok but it gets rough in choppy water because you can get it out of the water enough IMO. It hits all the waves. I believe you can get a jack plate on them now and that may help lift the boat some. Fishing out of it is great. Very stable, absolutely nothing like the old aluminum boats used to be.

Only issue he has had is it cracked on the bottom. One of the inside welds came threw the hull. Boat shop fixed it the first time and it still leaked, he sent it back to Triton the second time and its done well so far since Triton fixed it. Dad and his buddy has had this happen to there boats. I talked to Bunch Marine not long ago and they never heard of one doing that so hopefully its a small case of them. Both of these boats were bought new at Clark Marine in Franklin

bluball

If your looking at buying a new one ,there are some forsale that where won at fishing tournaments.Reelfoot guys had one forsale,guy I know in ky has one forsale,and a guy from Missouri had one forsale.There certificates for a new rt 188 .

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Latest posts