Trail cam Inventory 2020

Rob-HC Hunter

Just started running trail cameras and got a couple of good ones.

I've tried to put these in areas that easily accessed. How often so you guys check your cameras?

a85fdcb45192324a86dd54227e4f3451.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tree_ghost

A lot of character in your antler genetics! On my conventional cams I check them 2-3 weeks. I am making the change to cell cams though so I can check them in real time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZachMarkus

Nice bucks

I check mine once a week this time of year. With that being said all mine are located less than 50 yards of farm roads so there is minimal intrusion while checking them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

catman529

I don't have much of a time frame when I check mine, each one is different, part of it has to do with how easy or hard it is to get to the camera. Some good looking bucks you got there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ski

I check once a week on one property, more as an experiment to see how the deer react to me being there all the time. This is my third year and so far it's shaping up to be similar results as last couple years. They sniff around and see where I've been, but largely seem unaffected. As expected the mature bucks seem to stay nocturnal, but around mid October they begin showing themselves a lot during daylight and do so until muzzleloader season kicks off. It's uncanny how when the gun fire starts, the big boys become 2AM creatures. Being my third year I'm really interested to see how the 4yr olds act. I've been around them so much from the time they were yearlings that I'm hoping they are less cautious and easier to hunt, but if the last two years are any indication they won't be.

Another place I run cams on I check once in July, once more in early September, and then in November when I show up to hunt. Seems every time I check the cameras there, it's a solid week or two before deer begin showing up again. And the mature bucks avoid that spot altogether & alter their travel. The difference between the two properties is pretty suggestive. I won't make my mind up just yet, though. Lots of factors to consider aside from human presence. The weekly property is small patches of thick timber surrounded by ag fields, so those deer would have to uproot their home in order to avoid me. The second property is large tract mature hardwood forest in hill country, so the deer are more spread out to begin with.

DoubleRidge

Nice bucks!! I'm every 3 to 4 weeks....with knee high rubber boots.... trying to make every effort possible not to touch anything other than the camera in the process.....and I really like it when it rains and I can get in and out quietly.....none of which may make any difference?..... I can't control much.... but I can control how much pressure I put on them.

Shed Hunter

I do a check 1-2 weeks after putting them out to make sure the cameras are working right/settings are optimal for the situation. I went to one this year and is had 7000 pictures in two weeks.. I slowed it down more than the other cameras. This may sound good, but batteries aren't cheap and 6000 pictures of the same few deer is actually really annoying.

After I get the cameras locked in the way they need to be I will wait 3 or more weeks.

During season it's very sporadic.. depends where I am

Latest posts