Top 4?

LY

I think FSU should drop out. If they go with the 'win and your in' and keep them in it'll be strictly because they are an undefeated conference champion. If that is the criteria, then Liberty deserves to be as well. As far as I know, there is no rule saying "power 5 only". To leave Liberty out would be to overlook an undefeated conference champion because the majority believe they don't belong. Using that logic, then that same reasoning could/should be used against FSU.

Either put in all undefeated conference champions or don't and include the "best" 4.

JBell

Four best. (in my opinion)

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Alabama
4. Georgia

My prediction for the "Committee" picks if they just do resume and eye test..

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Texas
4 Alabama

If they fold to the "undefeated conference champions" pressure.

1. Washington
2. Michigan (due to the 6 Jim Harbaugh suspensions.)
3. Florida State
4. Texas. (because they beat Alabama which in turn beat Georgia)
My thoughts exactly. If they decide to snub anyone it will be bama. To "prove" they aren't bias

JBell

One of my good friends, that's a texas fan, thinks that bama is in over them. I don't. I think texas is for sure in. They deserve it. I would argue that texas, Georgia and bama are the toughest 3 teams right now

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
I always thought it was important that at least the two best teams made it into the playoff. There has normally been some "obvious" separation between the two best and the rest of the teams. I think the committees accomplished getting the best two in every year but will likely not this season.

I'd put Texas, Georgia, and Alabama as the best three teams but Georgia and Alabama will likely be left out. Texas has a good quarterback, experienced offensive line, and strong defensive line. I think these three teams would beat any of the others in contention. I'm not sure which of these three I'd pick against each other. I'd probably pick Alabama and Georgia over Texas and Georgia over Alabama.

Florida State has a very good defense which goes a long way but not enough. Washington would not be able to handle the defensive lines of Alabama, Georgia, or Texas.

My four best teams:
Georgia
Alabama
Texas
Michigan

ScLowCountry

People that do not believe Florida State should be in have forgotten that TCU beat Michigan last year in the playoffs. Yeah they got annihilated by Georgia and the championship game, but they did make it to the final game.

Alabama barely beat Georgia yesterday and almost lost to Auburn last week. They have had a lot of close games and have also lost to Texas. I think it's hard to put Alabama in the playoffs. It's also hard to leave Georgia out as this is their only loss in more than two seasons and it's only by three points.

Might sound crazy but I think it's going to be Michigan, Washington, FSU, and Georgia

JBell

People that do not believe Florida State should be in have forgotten that TCU beat Michigan last year in the playoffs. Yeah they got annihilated by Georgia and the championship game, but they did make it to the final game.

Alabama barely beat Georgia yesterday and almost lost to Auburn last week. They have had a lot of close games and have also lost to Texas. I think it's hard to put Alabama in the playoffs. It's also hard to leave Georgia out as this is their only loss in more than two seasons and it's only by three points.

Might sound crazy but I think it's going to be Michigan, Washington, FSU, and Georgia
I'm not completely against your summary. But texas should be in over fsu.

JBell

Sec should be represented. I would be shocked if Georgia is in over bama. But would be content as long as sec is in. One thing I've learned about rematches is that they usually change victors when evenly matched

JBell

They were #1 all season for a reason. I would not want to watch bama play them again

ScLowCountry

So you'd put in a team over another that literally just got beat by the other team that's arguably just as good
If anything they should both be in. It would be different if Alabama handily beat them. Georgia hasnt lost it over two seasons

It's hard to say though, somebody was going to get screwed. That's why the 12 team idea will be nice.

Last edited:

Latest posts