Top 4?

Gravey

Saw a statistic that NO SEC Champion has ever been excluded from the National Championships.

Let me repeat that.

NO SEC Champion has ever been excluded from the National Championships
I saw that too but take the crimson colored glasses off and reread what I said about alabama's chances of winning it all if they were in. It would be very odd with no SEC team in it but there's a first time for everything.

THEdonkey0515

I saw that too but take the crimson colored glasses off and reread what I said about alabama's chances of winning it all if they were in. It would be very odd with no SEC team in it but there's a first time for everything.
If LSU would have been the one to knock UGA out in the SEC chip game last year they wouldn't have made the playoffs.

They had mutiple losses including a beat down at home vs Tennessee.

THEdonkey0515

If TCU didn't belong in playoffs last year then neither did Michigan since TCU beat them in the first round. Right?
They wasn't a top 4 team. Same with many others in past playoffs.

Everyone knew bama would beat TCU down in a game that bama at 5 was "the better team" going into the playoffs.

So you couldn't just a year ago say we know bama at 5 is better than TCU, but TCU is more deserving then a single year later say we know FSU is more deserving but WE THINK bama is the better team they get the nod.

Who knows FSU could go beat Michigan! But everyone is saying right now they are not a top 5 team even

MUP

Saw a statistic that NO SEC Champion has ever been excluded from the National Championships.

Let me repeat that.

NO SEC Champion has ever been excluded from the National Championships
Also saw that no team had ever jumped from lower than 6th to the playoffs, and no team had ever been dropped from 1st to lower than 4th by the committee. Going to be several precedents set today for sure.

The Hill

I think this is one of easiest years to pick 4 playoff teams If you remove SEC rose colored glasses. You can confidently say Alabama and Georgia are bot top 6-7 teams and very good chance both are top four teams. But With each having loss and Alabama one Week removed from struggling to beat Auburn, you can not say they are definitely top four when there are three undefeated conference champions and another one loss team that beat them. And Georgia isn't going in before Alabama.

Jbird22

They wasn't a top 4 team. Same with many others in past playoffs.

Everyone knew bama would beat TCU down in a game that bama at 5 was "the better team" going into the playoffs.

So you couldn't just a year ago say we know bama at 5 is better than TCU, but TCU is more deserving then a single year later say we know FSU is more deserving but WE THINK bama is the better team they get the nod.

Who knows FSU could go beat Michigan! But everyone is saying right now they are not a top 5 team even
No, I agree. Just saying people comparing FSU to TCU forget that TCU actually WON a game in playoffs last year. So, either them AND Michigan didn't belong or they BOTH did. But can't be that 1 did and 1 didn't. But as always, Michigan gets a pass with the media.

FSU has done everything they can do within their control and have done so in the midst of huge adversity. I'm an FSU fan and would love to see them at full strength in the playoffs but that can't happen. I believe they could compete, possibly beat Michigan or Washington as is (with qb2, not qb3) but not Bama, TX, or UGA if I'm being honest. But like Coach Norvell said, those teams earned their loss just the same as FSU earned no losses. Just glad I'm one whose opinion doesn't matter...

deerfever

If TCU didn't belong in playoffs last year then neither did Michigan since TCU beat them in the first round. Right?
I agree with that!!! Michigan plays 1 game all year! Again these guys keep talking about Georgia got beat by Bama on the field they don't belong, no one is mentioning the fact that Michigan beat a bad Iowa team , Iowa beat 0 ranked teams and won most games by 2 or 3 against really bad teams, Texas beat Oklahoma State who was 8-3 and FSU beat a Louisville team that just got beat by Kentucky? Just winning and losing yesterday is being discussed .Again I promise you none of those teams including Washington would have wanted to have played Alabama or Georgia yesterday with a spot on the line in the top 4.Matter of fact Washington had the most impressive win other than Bama for the conference championship. Just an opinion.

MUP

Michigan
Washington
Texas
Alabama

first out FSU
In an effort for the committee to put the best teams at the top, and to have the best games played between those teams, I do believe this will be the top 4 as well. And I'm not saying there aren't other deserving teams to fill those slots, but what the committee will ultimately decide

MUP

IMG_20231203_095429658.jpg

JBell

Michigan
Washington
Texas
Alabama

first out FSU
If it falls to this, first out will be Georgia or Ohio state. Realistically, if they don't value undefeated fsu, and place them in order, they drop below 2 more better teams

PillsburyDoughboy

I'll add, that I don't think past precedent means as much this year since it really won't have much influence in the future on the 12 team p
What's hilarious is alot of the people doing the most yapping in this thread would not even be relevant if this year had a 8 team or even 12 team Championship.

Let that hit home.

Wiley

FSU played NOBODY all season long and their record is a joke. If they are in the CFP they will get curb stomped like a doodle bug crawling out of a yugohouse. LSU was a very mediocre team at the start of the season with a #5 ranking when FSU beat them.

Kirk

Four best. (in my opinion)

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Alabama
4. Georgia

My prediction for the "Committee" picks if they just do resume and eye test..

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Texas
4 Alabama

If they fold to the "undefeated conference champions" pressure.

1. Washington
2. Michigan (due to the 6 Jim Harbaugh suspensions.)
3. Florida State
4. Texas. (because they beat Alabama which in turn beat Georgia)

Latest posts