Took a chance..plot project

HOOK

Had 2" of rain last night at the farm. Decided to bite the bullet and do some planting. No sooner did I get done when another major rain came in this afternoon. We'll see what happens and I'll keep you updated. I will not be back in the woods until season.

For the first time I'm doing a deep woods plot. It's the smallest plot I've ever made, and the hardest one I ever did.

Location- Bottom of a knob, 50 yards from a spring fed pond.
Prep- Early July I sprayed Gly-4 and did a kill off. Two weeks ago I weed eated to the dirt. Last night it rained 2" finally giving me a soil I can work with. Today I went in and wraked debris, and then broke more ground with the spike tiller. Result = some really great ground with about 4 hours of scattered light a day. Product = a HOOK special blend. :/

[font:Arial Black][size]TOOLS[/size][/font]

Tools.jpg

[size]
Area BEFORE[/size]

WoodsplotBefore.jpg

[size]
Ground Prep[/size]

Groundprep.jpg

[size]
Area Complete[/size]

WoodsPlotAfter.jpg

[size]

Winter Wheat Here [/size]
Bench.jpg

[size]Winter Wheat & Rape on the top end of this field. You can see where it's cultipacked. Planting Clover & Kale in the rest of the field later.[/size]

EastField.jpg

Busy day!! Keeping the fingers crossed!

Tenbears

let us know how this one comes out, I'm trying the same thing but it doesn't look promsing yet. My attempt is a nice lil shooters plot. hopefully.

156p&y

Good luck on that rain. I was out that way this weekend and couldn't believe how much greener you guys are in Rutherford compared to Williamson. We are burnt to h3ll here.