Too many elk?

Coltens

Imo, they need to be working on better access to private or land locked public. Let the folks that have to fork over $2K to get a tag do the killing.
Correct, generally the areas that are having issues with too many elk are majority private or land locked. Haven't been too many issues with too many elk on areas that are accessible for hunting. Usually the opposite with them being under objective.

gtk

Staff member
Correct, generally the areas that are having issues with too many elk are majority private or land locked. Haven't been too many issues with too many elk on areas that are accessible for hunting. Usually the opposite with them being under objective.
Yep, I'm working on a place to hunt elk in WY via a "friend of a friend" type deal. The owner of the place we antelope hunt , mentioned last time we were there, that his friend told him "he wished we would come to his ranch and shoot some of the elk eating all his cattle's hay". I told him to tel lhis friend, "we'd be happy to oblige" :)

Tags are just so expensive and hard to draw !

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
I'd gladly go west for a cow hunt. I plan to go to WY for that, possibly next season. It's hard to get access to areas that need the population thinned, and I've heard of some of the "herd shooting" shenanigans that happen on the easily accessible public land. I have a plan in mind, and it will require points for a cow hunt, but it should be a higher quality hunt and more easily planned than a no point area. I'd love to kill another bull some day, but won't be sad if I get several opportunities at cows and no bulls instead

Latest posts