To Whisker Biscuit or not...

eweisner

I bought a QuickTune 360 and used it last year. My groups were tight. Changed out to a cheap whisker biscuit. OOOPS.

My groups are about to drive me insane. Thinking about swapping to a capture drop away or the quick tune route again.

TNDeerGuy

You know me, I do not like biscuits for that reason�the arrow is in contact with the bow for a longer period of time, which gives greater chances of the arrow being "moved" by form or shot issues.

Drop-aways offer the exact same advantages, full containment, as the biscuit. As long as they are timed correctly, the benefits gained with tighter group patterns can be significant versus the biscuit.

deerhunter10

TNDeerGuy said:
You know me, I do not like biscuits for that reason�the arrow is in contact with the bow for a longer period of time, which gives greater chances of the arrow being "moved" by form or shot issues.

Drop-aways offer the exact same advantages, full containment, as the biscuit. As long as they are timed correctly, the benefits gained with tighter group patterns can be significant versus the biscuit.

x2 when i switched it was night and day.

knightrider

anyone who blames the biscuit needs to look at other problems!!! its form or setup a biscuit has no ill effect on your groups or shooting what soever if its set up right and you can shoot.

TNDeerGuy

knightrider said:
anyone who blames the biscuit needs to look at other problems!!! its form or setup a biscuit has no ill effect on your groups or shooting what soever if its set up right and you can shoot.

Umm...okay. I somewhat can agree with part of that, but not everyone is blessed with perfect form, nor equipment and "can shoot" as you say.

ghostfive

I have used one on my last 2 bows. Minimum set up or maintenance plus it is what I want to use.

4 inside a coke bottle top with 1 more touching it. Good enough grouping for me. I can usually keep 3 in the top out to 40 on a good day.

2r4280w.jpg

FOX FIRE

I shoot a WB, guess it does ok but the slack around the arrow has to make room for a looser group, mite try something differnt next year .

eweisner

knightrider said:

null_zps90e1422d.jpg

Pretty confident in my ability to shoot. I've done this twice in a year at 20 yards with a 1987 Browning Magnum Plus. This was yesterday afternoon before I posted this thread.

I've shot through a friends cronos at 20 yards. I'm fairly sure that if there any question about my ability to shoot it would have come up then.

The key here is "cheap whisker biscuit". Another friend from here had donated a better one than I have for a bow for my young men's ministry that hasn't materialized yet. Much better than what I had. I swapped and within a few minutes was shooting bulls eyes. And better groups. My point? All equipment is not made equally.

kknights27

I use a biscuit on my browning ballistic mirage, and I will never use another rest. Ive tried a few others, and nothing compares to it. Completely quiet , no chance of your arrow falling out, no adjustments needed ever once set, I shoot up to 30 yards and my arrows touch in their groups, so for my setup... perfect