tinks smokin sticks

scn

I haven't used the tinks sticks, but have used the ones from DeerQuest several time over the years. I have had bucks up to 3.5 come in and sniff the smoke coming out of the bucket. I haven't seen any adverse reactions from deer.

One thing about them is if it is a day without much wind where it swirls in several directions, you will end up with it blowing the smoke at you. The smoke is "oily", and you will end us with the smell on you and your equipment until it is washed.

Mike Belt

I've tried sticks in the past but never realy understood how to use them. I'd light one pre-dawn and climb up my tree. In 30 minutes it's burned up so no attraction from then on unless you intend to climb back and forth lighting new ones. I never could get into lighting them up in my stand...something about deer fooled into thinking a doe in heat was sitting 20 feet up a tree I guess?
Anything any time could work but repeatedly working is the sign that it really works. If I fell out of my stand and landed on my head the same time a deer walked by I guess I could say that attracted them.

Latest posts