Time To Try it...I think???

bowriter

R.I.P.
If it gets down to 45 tonight, I'm going to the deep thicket and rattle tomorrow. I've been saving this stand just for that. I'm thinking that sometimes, aggressive rattling early can get bucks moving before they turnt heir attentions to other things.

Stalking that buck yesteray for nearly 20-minutes gave a good chance to watch him. I believe he can be rattled in if everything is right. The stand I'm going to is new, never beenhunted and in stuff so thing I doubt I can shoot over 15-yards. Perfect for what I have in mind.

Is it time to bring a little noise?

I'll see, I've got nothing to lose.

huntinkev

seen a 12 point someone had killed at store Saturday his glands were real dark and his neck was swollen pretty good. He was thinking about getting right.

bowriter

R.I.P.
Deck78 said:
Do you settle into thicket stands earlier than less intrusive stands?

No, same time, as soon as it is light enough to walk without a light. I may even purposely break a branch or two going in. I do try to avoid metal on metal contact, though.

I wait until good shooting light to rattle and start light.

cleatus2506

I toyed with a couple young bucks late last week with a rattle bag. Both came in bowed up, with that stiff legged, posturing, ready to whip their weight in wildcats walk....till they saw each other! They turned inside out trying to vacate the area, ran about fifty yards, stopped and came right back and sparred for 2-3 minutes about 15 yards away from me. It was an extremely entertaining show to watch.

Latest posts