Time to plant !!

IceMann

I planted most of the day,lettuce,snow peas,chives,beets,brocolli,cabbage,radish,onions,200 bulbs,garlic,and a 50lb bag of taters , reds and yukon golds..

catman529

Nice, you definitely got a lot, I put in the seeds under my grow lights a few days ago, so far the broccoli has been the fastest to germinate, and I expect tomatoes and eggplants will be next, and hot peppers last. wish I had some good onion or garlic to start. haven't had luck with onions in the past but then I didn't put much effort into them.

IceMann

catman529 said:
Nice, you definitely got a lot, I put in the seeds under my grow lights a few days ago, so far the broccoli has been the fastest to germinate, and I expect tomatoes and eggplants will be next, and hot peppers last. wish I had some good onion or garlic to start. haven't had luck with onions in the past but then I didn't put much effort into them.

Find the biggest onion sets you can find,about the size of a golf ball is best.I plant the reds and yellow sets,and have tons of onions both green table onions and storage .plant only 2 inches deep in loose soil.as for garlic,I have always used just plain old store bought bulbs,they work just as good as the high priced bulbs you buy at the seed store..the garlic will reseed itself every year after the first year..

Poor redneck

Started my garlic from a small hand full I dug out of my uncles garden. I now have a garlic patch that is about 6'x10' and probably to thick. I only dig out what I need when I need it. I don't worry about it, just let it do it's thing year in and year out. After all the seeds drop I just mow them over. I do collect some of the seeds, seems they are pretty potant.

catman529

Funny thing, yesterday I was walking by the garden area on the side of the house and saw some of the green onions that barely grew at all last year, and they are coming up a lot thicker and bigger this year. I guess I won't till that one spot of the garden and let them grow. I love green onions

Pam

I am going to get an early start this year, but it has been pouring down rain all weekend.

catman529

been too busy launching potatoes out of a PVC cannon I built, never tried growing them, but I don't like taters enough to grow them, I only like french fries really.

GRAMPS

R.I.P.
Drove by a neigbor's garden yesterday and saw that the recent hard rains had washed his potatoes out of the ground. Have never seen this before but we have had harder than normal rains recently.

Latest posts