Time for the annual PSA on the deer/vehicle issues

scn

I suspect all of us in here are well aware that right now and for the next few weeks is the prime time to clobber a deer on the highway with a vehicle. The rut, hunting pressure, etc means they are really on the move right now. I observed noticeable carnage on I24W between Nashville and Clarksville on Saturday. And, I'm sure we have reminded family to be extra alert, even in metro areas.

But, if you have any coworkers or even family that aren't in our loop, it wouldn't hurt to give them a little reminder as well. And, don't let them blow you off if they live "in town". Just show them some of the Sick Juan pics.

megalomaniac

And remember, TWRA is in cahoots with the insurance companies to drive down the population! 😀

but seriously, there will be more deer hit on the roads in the next 3 weeks than probably the rest of the entire year in middle TN. Drive safely, especially in high density areas after dark!

AT Hiker

Ironically, in my little anecdotal world of auto insurance, the Summer is our busy time for deer collisions. At least for reported claims.

On the other hand, I seen 5 fresh/dead bucks in I-24 between exit 11 in Clarksville and the Pennyrile Pkwy in KY.

mike243

It started over here about 3 weeks ago, yotes also, last year had several bucks cross in front of me, got a gps with video for Christmas and only had doe's cross so far, if it's going to happen it better get with it, 9 more work days and I am done lol

hammer33

I have found that honking the horn as soon as I see a deer will get them to commit to a decision 80% of the time. SO instead of staring at the headlights until you are close, then bolting into the road, they move sooner and give me time to brake or swerve. Doesn't work 100% of the time but its much better than having them scatter into the road when I am 20 yards away.

Bone Collector

Ironically, in my little anecdotal world of auto insurance, the Summer is our busy time for deer collisions. At least for reported claims.

On the other hand, I seen 5 fresh/dead bucks in I-24 between exit 11 in Clarksville and the Pennyrile Pkwy in KY.
there starting to line i-24 here around Murfreesboro too. In some instances, I have to wonder what a deer is even doing there, let alone where did he come from... They do travel a lot this time of year.

Latest posts