Tiger Overload

batten_down

Good finish, should have some confidence now?
I think he has a ton of confidence. The network just interviewed him, and he looks good and was saying all the right things. Long way to go but no matter what now, this should be considered a huge success for him. He's got some work cut out to win though, there's some big names on the leaderboard. Should be a great weekend of golf.
👍🏻

Mescalero

Golf wouldn't be anywhere near what it is now without Tiger. The hype is deserved, in my opinion.

I'll also put his last Masters victory over Jack's in 86. Sure… Jack was older, but he didn't have near the level of competition Tiger had. Yeah… Jack beat out Seve, Tom Kite, Norman, Faldo… but Tiger beat out dozens of guys capable of going low in a field twice as big. After coming back.

Mickelson's win at the PGA isn't even in my radar of greatest major wins.

He's the greatest ever in my opinion. No arguments about number of majors by Jack can change my mind. Nobody has ever played golf at the caliber he has played.
No way. Not even close.

Mescalero

Golf wouldn't be anywhere near what it is now without Tiger. The hype is deserved, in my opinion.

I'll also put his last Masters victory over Jack's in 86. Sure… Jack was older, but he didn't have near the level of competition Tiger had. Yeah… Jack beat out Seve, Tom Kite, Norman, Faldo… but Tiger beat out dozens of guys capable of going low in a field twice as big. After coming back.

Mickelson's win at the PGA isn't even in my radar of greatest major wins.

He's the greatest ever in my opinion. No arguments about number of majors by Jack can change my mind. Nobody has ever played golf at the caliber he has played.
Tiger hasn't played golf at that caliber in a decade or more. Jack played at that level well into middle age, probably older than most of the Tiger-Stan's on this thread. And don't tell me that Tiger faced better competition than Palmer, Trevino, Watson, Player, Seve, Casper, Weiskopf, Miller, Crampton, Crenshaw, Kite, Floyd, Bean, Norman, Jacobs, Brewer and I could go on. We'll see this year's darling this weekend. All of those guys Jack beat excelled for decades.

Take out Tiger's 2019 Masters, and he did his winning over a nine year period (1997-2008). Jack did his over a 24 year stretch. Again, remove Tiger's 2019 outlier, he won his last major at age 33. Jack won his last at age 46. No comparison.

Last edited:

batten_down

Course looks great, as usual. Considering Augusta got two inches of rain overnight, it'll be interesting to see how fast it plays once it dries out completely.

Hammer

I don't think I have ever seen this many people here, it's packed.

I rained enough to start loading the ark again last night. The course was sloppy, saw several people fall waking this morning.

batten_down

I don't think I have ever seen this many people here, it's packed.

I rained enough to start loading the ark again last night. The course was sloppy, saw several people fall waking this morning.
Looked packed on television. Are you staying for the week?

Pilchard

Tiger hasn't played golf at that caliber in a decade or more. Jack played at that level well into middle age, probably older than most of the Tiger-Stan's on this thread. And don't tell me that Tiger faced better competition than Palmer, Trevino, Watson, Player, Seve, Casper, Weiskopf, Miller, Crampton, Crenshaw, Kite, Floyd, Bean, Norman, Jacobs, Brewer and I could go on. We'll see this year's darling this weekend. All of those guys Jack beat excelled for decades.

Take out Tiger's 2019 Masters, and he did his winning over a nine year period (1997-2008). Jack did his over a 24 year stretch. Again, remove Tiger's 2019 outlier, he won his last major at age 33. Jack won his last at age 46. No comparison.
I think Tiger's dominance during that time is what makes people say he's the greatest ever. Think of how many more majors people like Ernie, Vijay and Phil would have won if Tiger wasn't around.

You can't discount his 2019 victory. Go look at the list of players with one major win. Or even players with no majors. Players like Love, Duval, Furyk, etc. household names who won once, in their prime, and Tiger wins in his 40s after having spinal fusion…. It's amazing no matter how you slice it.

BuckWild

Don't know if I'd call golf a sport.

More like an activity for rich guys...

I worked the FESJC for 26 years and met a few golfers that were personable genuine people.

The vast majority were whiney azz little bitches.

Of all the golfers I worked with over that time, I only asked one for an autograph. Boo Weekley.

We talked deer hunting and fishing between holes for two days. He was the real deal. He made fun of and laughed about a bunch of the golfers on the course. LoL. Plus his two brothers were there in his gallery. I had all three of them on a four passenger golf cart one afternoon after play, riding the course and drinking beer.

I don't play golf and have zero interest in it BTW...

iowavf

Don't know if I'd call golf a sport.

More like an activity for rich guys...

I worked the FESJC for 26 years and met a few golfers that were personable genuine people.

The vast majority were whiney azz little bitches.

Of all the golfers I worked with over that time, I only asked one for an autograph. Boo Weekley.

We talked deer hunting and fishing between holes for two days. He was the real deal. He made fun of and laughed about a bunch of the golfers on the course. LoL. Plus his two brothers were there in his gallery. I had all three of them on a four passenger golf cart one afternoon after play, riding the course and drinking beer.

I don't play golf and have zero interest in it BTW...
It's as much of a sports as basketball, baseball, football, or tennis when you think about it.

an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.
"team sports such as baseball and soccer"

BuckWild

It's as much of a sports as basketball, baseball, football, or tennis when you think about it.

an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.
"team sports such as baseball and soccer"
Showing up to a country club/resort every week, being waited on hand and foot constantly, calmly walking from hole to hole, demanding total silence during play...OK Sure... :D :D :D

Working behind the scenes all these years have jaded me.

One particular memory that I'll never forget.

One morning I had to go to the Club House for a security meeting. As I approached the front door, there stood a famous golfer a few feet in front of the entrance. Just standing there. I said good morning and all I got back was a snarky About dam Time!!!

I walked past him and opened the door and he brushed me out of the way and strolled right on in.

We had volunteers assigned to open the doors for the golfers and the guy had gone to take a dump.

This douche bag PRO GOLFER would not open the door and go in the Club House.

That's how spoiled these bitches are.

Do not get me started.

Latest posts