Tick Study

HoytDawg

that's how i understood it.
I guess my line of thought then is that if they carry enough prion that they can infect an otherwise healthy deer, that should be the case with a human as well. And as long as CWD has been around, there has surely been more than a few CWD carrying ticks get on a human. We haven't seen a case of CWD (or a human version of it) yet, so possibly doesn't pose a threat to us for whatever reason?

Omega

I guess my line of thought then is that if they carry enough prion that they can infect an otherwise healthy deer, that should be the case with a human as well. And as long as CWD has been around, there has surely been more than a few CWD carrying ticks get on a human. We haven't seen a case of CWD (or a human version of it) yet, so possibly doesn't pose a threat to us for whatever reason?
CWD has not crossed the species barrier to humans, the only ones infected were other animals I believe, and they were injected in the brain with CWD.

NIH, the same ones that did the China virus coverup, says it hasn't crossed yet, oh, then they say it did.

BSK

Considering humans having been eating CWD infected meat for decades and no one has caught the disease means there is a VERY strong possibility the CWD version of the prion is not infectious to humans. Clearly, the Mad Cow Disease (MCD) version of the prion is infectious to humans, but the CWD version may not be infectious to humans no matter how you come into contact with it.

BSK

I'm more afraid of getting Alpha-gal syndrome from a tick bite than CWD. You can actually get infected with AGS.
No, you don't want it!

I had it before it was even discovered as a disease. Doctors told me I was crazy when I kept telling them I was having a 6-hour delayed reaction to eating beef. They said that was impossible.

HoytDawg

Sawyers has been great for me. Haven't had a tick stick on me since i started using it 3-4 years ago

HoytDawg

Considering humans having been eating CWD infected meat for decades and no one has caught the disease means there is a VERY strong possibility the CWD version of the prion is not infectious to humans. Clearly, the Mad Cow Disease (MCD) version of the prion is infectious to humans, but the CWD version may not be infectious to humans no matter how you come into contact with it.
I agree, and I think from what research is out there, thats what it points too as well.

Carlos

Yes. I don't know why I remember this, but the average number of hosts in a ticks lifespan is 3.
Ticks in the Nymph stage (seed ticks) will attach themselves to their first host as 6-legged arachnids, and then drop off where they'll molt.

They then grow 2 additional legs for a total of 8. They will then attach themselves to a second host, and drop off after awhile to molt again.
This is when they've grown into adults, and they'll again attach themselves to yet another host.

smyrnagc

i used Permanone for years after getting swarmed by ticks at Catoosa. (picked off over 160 over 2 1/2 days turkey hunting) have not seen it for sale in a while though.
I used the Permanone for years and got it at Walmart. When they quit selling it I have been using this one...Repel Permethrin. Works well.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

RoyalPrudent

I'm more afraid of getting Alpha-gal syndrome from a tick bite than CWD. You can actually get infected with AGS. I loves me some red meat and don't wanna deal with that.

I spray my clothes with permethrin. That DRAMATICALLY reduces the chances of a tick bite.
agreed. I also worry more about this one. But I think we can agree, all tick bourne illnesses suck.

tbadon

Got a tick disease back in the late 70's at the age of 13 or 14. Had a migraine for 3-4 days straight. Thought I would die. No one knew about tick diseases back then. Didn't sleep for two nights. The third night finally fell asleep. Woke up the next morning with no migraine, but couldn't lift my head up. Had a knot in my left trap. Took another 4 days to be able to turn my head. Was probably west nile, but never knew. I now use bleach on every tick and chigger bite I get. So far haven't had any other tick disease that I can tell. I scratch the bleach in. It will kill chiggers and I think it kills any microbes left behind. It also alleviates some of the itch.

Antler Daddy

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts