Thompson Center Encore Muzzle loader.

Model70Man

I love mine. Started out with a CVA Eclipse Magnum, then upgraded to a CVA Optima, then upgraded again to the Encore. The Eclipse Magnum took 20 minutes to clean and had too many parts to keep track of when cleaning. The Optima was easier to clean, but was so HEAVY and I wasn't fond of the cheap piece of aluminum that is used to open the action. The Encore is lightweight, easy to clean, accurate, and the frame IMO is better made than the Optima. I would recommend you go out and see which one you like the best and which one fits your budget. The Optima is about half the price of an Encore, but it will still get the job done.

iowavf

I got an Encore because I'm a lefty and I really liked the way the gun fit me. They do cost more than other guns, but they also hold their value. Just depends on what you're wanting in a ml and if your bugget will match. The gun is very accurate and easy to clean and I've never had any issues with mine.

Gravey

I love my encore and wouldn't trade it for the world. It's a stainless 50 cal. muzzleloader. Bought my first extra barrel (.243) for it earlier this year but if I never would have bought the first extra barrel, I'd still be thrilled with my decision to buy it. I agree with everything Model70man said about it.

CZ284

My son and I both have one. I primarily use the muzzleloader. When my son turned 12 I had a custom 7mm-08 barrel made (from the TC gun shop) in about 20 inch barrel- he loves it. Handles like a carbine, sub 1 MOA groups with Barnes X Bullets. He's 17 now and still prefers it over anything else. Can't go wrong with the Encore.

Encore Eye Candy

TiminTn has one, might want to pm him. I'm wanting to purchase it but I do not know if I'm going to hook up with him. Look in the ad forum. It is at a great price also. If you go buy a new one you will spend 550 to 650 depending on where you purchase it at.

Gravey

Interlunium said:
anyone have one for sale? =)

I haven't done much research yet... What kind of price range is the encore?
You might check with Bass Pro right now while they're Fall Hunting Classic is going on. I think it goes through Friday or Saturday. I bought mine there a couple of years ago and think I paid mid 500's or low 600's. I can't remember. Here's mine. The first pic is with the .243 barrel and the 2nd one is the 50 cal. muzzleloader.

Encore-2.jpg

Encore.jpg

Team Browning

$ Priced them yesterday at Sportsman's Warehouse here in Chattanooga. The bare bones one is $549. 2nd barrel is about $279 for most of them +-$10. Then scope at whatever price you go for. The Optima by CVA at Richard's sporting goods is about that price BUT you get a choice of a 2nd barrel at no additional cost. You choose from about 8 different sizes.

The new Thompson's Pro Hunter is about $800.00.

Latest posts