This drought SUCKS!!!

CAW

Well, it may not be as bad as 2007, but I've recorded less than .5 inch at my farm since September 1st. That sucks when you are trying to plant plots!

Missme

I watered two of my local foodplots twice this week and rain coming this weekend I hope. I have a few plots at my farm 80 miles away I will water this weekend if the rain misses there. I got a 300gal used tank for $40 and got a pump from northern tool for $50. A hose pipe,sprinkler,and trailer throwed in the mix and I have a means of watering most anything. Beats letn $400 dollars in seed and fertilizer germinate and die.

156p&y

No doubt it is driving me crazy. I'm gonna do the same type of thing out at my place. I've got a well about 400 yards from one plot that I'm gonna run a series of hoses to a sprinkler. I'll loose all my other plots unfortunatly

Buckhunter72

It is a drought at my farm in Cannon county. I live in Wilson county an have enjoyed enough rain to keep things green. In Cannon county, we have missed every measurable rain since the beginning of August. I drove out there yesterday to check my plots and the Turkeys have eaten all of my efforts.

It looks like fall already. All of the trees have turned to yellow and the leaves are alredy falling. One of my plots was covered in dead leaves already. We missed every drop of rain that was forecated for the week following Labor day. Every yard is dead and when the wind blows it kicks up dust.

To me, that seems like a drought!

I am scared to even attempt to put out anymore seed until the ground is wet. Once the Turkeys find it, they will almost follow me around when I am broadcasting seed. I have aluminum cans hanging from every tree that hangs over my plots and stakes with cans tied to them in the middle of the field. This has done nothing to keep them out. I hope deer can thrive eating dirt, because that is what it looks like they are going to have for a while.

shelbydeer

i live east of memphis and have not had a measurabel rain since july...over three months and no rain. every possbile storm has gone around us. trees and yards are dying and ponds are dry, worst i have seen it in many years

Latest posts