This Can't be good for College Football

BamaProud

They are going to just treat it like any other illness like the flu....and they should. Isolate the positive cases, let them get better and return to ball. Young very healthy athletes are less likely to suffer complications from COVID-19 than they are with the common flu.

PillsburyDoughboy

BamaProud":1yxo6g57 said:
They are going to just treat it like any other illness like the flu....and they should. Isolate the positive cases, let them get better and return to ball. Young very healthy athletes are less likely to suffer complications from COVID-19 than they are with the common flu.
While I totally agree with you this is not going to play well with the doom and gloom Fauci crowd and stay at home till there is a vaccine crowd .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rakkin6

Who cares anymore, the whole COVID thing was overblown and now with these protests you won't be able to turn on a game without it sounding like a news broadcast. Done with all of it.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

PillsburyDoughboy

Rakkin6":mrpspugb said:
Who cares anymore, the whole COVID thing was overblown and now with these protests you won't be able to turn on a game without it sounding like a news broadcast. Done with all of it.

I certainly think that will be the case with NFL football. Especially after Roger Goodell gets on Social Media backtracks and Blast "We Were Wrong" .

Its going to be a mess with players protesting and basically showing arse at the beginning of every game. I guess the announcers will have to say " Ladies and gentlemen, would you please stand, sit kneel or do whatever the hell you want to for our National Anthem.

Disgraceful.

Rakkin6

PillsburyDoughboy":3pk70plw said:
Rakkin6":3pk70plw said:

I certainly think that will be the case with NFL football. Especially after Roger Goodell gets on Social Media backtracks and Blast "We Were Wrong" .

Its going to be a mess with players protesting and basically showing arse at the beginning of every game. I guess the announcers will have to say " Ladies and gentlemen, would you please stand, sit kneel or do whatever the hell you want to for our National Anthem.

Disgraceful.
I agree, I have no problem with people protesting or giving their opinion. But if I am watching a football game I don't care about your political views. I get enough of that from the news (which I don't really watch either anymore). Not everything in life is political sometimes a game is a game. I think that this will be a big thing in college has well. Which I will just stop watching also. After the shutdown of sports because of the COVID-19 overreaction I realized how much more I was able to get done. More time with the family, projects around the house, hunting, fishing etc. I have already decided that all sports are not going to be a priority for me after this. If college gets political like the pro's I will just not watch like I already do the NFL and NBA. There are more important things in life that. Someone shoring a basketball or throwing a football.

PillsburyDoughboy

Rakkin6":3l8mur9e said:
PillsburyDoughboy":3l8mur9e said:
Rakkin6":3l8mur9e said:

Disgraceful.
I agree, I have no problem with people protesting or giving their opinion. But if I am watching a football game I don't care about your political views. I get enough of that from the news (which I don't really watch either anymore). Not everything in life is political sometimes a game is a game. I think that this will be a big thing in college has well. Which I will just stop watching also. After the shutdown of sports because of the COVID-19 overreaction I realized how much more I was able to get done. More time with the family, projects around the house, hunting, fishing etc. I have already decided that all sports are not going to be a priority for me after this. If college gets political like the pro's I will just not watch like I already do the NFL and NBA. There are more important things in life that. Someone shoring a basketball or throwing a football.

Now NASCAR just jumped the shark with banning the Rebel Flag from all the cars and NASCAR Sponsored stuff. I saw where The Dukes of Hazzard are removing the Rebel Flag as well. Today Lady Annebelum (unrelated to sports) announced she is changing her name to Lady A due to Hurt feelings. What horse Crap. I was just starting to warm up to the idea of watching some NASCAR this year and possibly get back into some other sports but all this is leaving me with the undesired feeling watch anything but College Football.

Rakkin6

They are already saying they will be kneeling at college football and basketball games this year. Goodbye all sports for me, just gives me more time to deer hunt in the fall and turkey hunt in the spring. Plus it will save me about 2000.00 a year I spend on tickets, travel and food to a few games a year in Lexington and Knoxville. Like I said before, the Wuhan Virus taught me that sports aren't really that big of a deal Incan definitely love without them.

Rakkin6

Maybe some of the "protestors" and ANTIFA members will take my spot and spend the money.

chris1976

PillsburyDoughboy":sduevuh4 said:
Rakkin6":sduevuh4 said:
PillsburyDoughboy":sduevuh4 said:
Rakkin6 said:

Disgraceful.

Now NASCAR just jumped the shark with banning the Rebel Flag from all the cars and NASCAR Sponsored stuff. I saw where The Dukes of Hazzard are removing the Rebel Flag as well. Today Lady Annebelum (unrelated to sports) announced she is changing her name to Lady A due to Hurt feelings. What horse Crap. I was just starting to warm up to the idea of watching some NASCAR this year and possibly get back into some other sports but all this is leaving me with the undesired feeling watch anything but College Football.
So, the question is, if your beloved Crimson Tide starts kneeling for our National anthem, will you still worship them. Inquiring minds want to know.

BamaProud

chris1976":z2aepqwm said:
So, the question is, if your beloved Crimson Tide starts kneeling for our National anthem, will you still worship them. Inquiring minds want to know.

cbhunter":z2aepqwm said:
Great question Chris :super:

Not really a great question.

College football teams are usually not on the field when the Anthem is played.

chris1976

BamaProud":33un4ese said:
chris1976":33un4ese said:

cbhunter":33un4ese said:
Great question Chris :super:

Not really a great question.

College football teams are usually not on the field when the Anthem is played.
Ok let's be more general. When The Alabama football team protests against America because racism, will y'all still support the program. PDB in crisis mode.

TNTreeman

I am a Vol fan. Born and raised in Nolensville / Franklin Tn. I played alittle college ball- was a below avg player and my son just finished his college career . I LOVE football. I realize bragging about any thing you yourself had nothing to do with is silly but it's fine to support your team. That being said I was very disappointed in coach Pruitt this week by participating in a March for blm with his team. He mentioned all the racism and of course pandered. I'm sure they all have and will in the future. If my vols act like idiots, kneel, or are disrespectful to our country I'll turn it off like I did the NFL. I'm more loyal to my country than any stupid team.

BamaProud

chris1976":1r5p8hty said:
Ok let's be more general. When The Alabama football team protests against America because racism, will y'all still support the program. PDB in crisis mode.

I guess that all depends on their exact words and actions. If Saban leads the team through the streets of Tuscaloosa setting fires and chanting Anti-American or anti cop slogans, of course I wouldn't support that nonsense. However, if A few players (with or without the coaches support/participation) chose to participate in a peaceful, dignified protest in support of improving the Black communities relationship with Law Enforcement, I wouldn't be opposed to that. That is every Americans Right.

I would not be in support of any participation with the BLM group. They do not want peace or true justice they want lawlessness, chaos and revenge.

Rakkin6

I will not watch, I am already tired of all the divisive politics in this country. I do not want my politics and sports mixed. And I dont want to hear the announcers political or personal views during the game. If I wanted that I would watch CNN/Fox News etc. I am fine with "peaceful protests" just not during the games. If I learned one thing during the Wuhan Flu overreaction it is that watching somebody shoot a basketball or throw a football isn't as important as spending time with family, being constructive with my time and spending time outdoors.

chris1976

BamaProud":1qtba3q8 said:
So what about you Chris1976, do you support your beloved Vols and coach Pruitt marching in the name of BLM? Inquiring minds want to know.
I absolutely unequivocally do not. Pandering idiot.

Latest posts