The Truth About Generation

bowriter

R.I.P.
That's classic. Many years ago there was a fairly new Farmall tractor in the Caney Fork. I know how it got there and I know who did but I aint sayin nuthin, they may still be alive. I will say they lived in Lancaster. We caught a lot of fish around that thing until some idiot decided to pull it out.

Have any of you willow switch guys entered Simms' "Cats on a Fly" tournament. I am the director and am now taking entry fees. $100 per rod, maximum five rods. Dates and location to be determined.

bowriter

R.I.P.
Just thought I'd mention, it's good to be back in fishin season. I was getting real sick of debating one buck limits. Now we can piss and moan about size limits and catch and release.

Heard on Old Hickory a year ago. "Catch a fish, cook and eat it, sooner or later it will be released." I laughed till I soiled myself.

I seem to do a lot of that lately.

gil1

stillinscrubs said:
Brian Dunigan said:
gil1 said:
On two or more generators, it's a real pain trying to get your streamer down.

This is because you have to count it down five seconds, and then you don't have a free hand to hold your rod.

bd

Flip flops BD, lmao.

LOL!!!
And where have ya been, Scrubs? Heck, it's been boring without you...

gil1

bowriter said:
Have any of you willow switch guys entered Simms' "Cats on a Fly" tournament. I am the director and am now taking entry fees. $100 per rod, maximum five rods. Dates and location to be determined.

I actually wore him out to figure out any consistent pattern I could try on cats. Simms ain't your typical dainty pictureaque fly boy. First of all, he puts a dern mealworm on the bend of his fly hook. Flyfishing with bait, although probably effective, is a tough sell as flyfishing.

Yeah, I admit I've done it before, though. I used to catch sharks on a 5 wt. That in itself is ridiculously stupid, but using a squid trailer completed the dufus picture.

The other Simms catfish on the fly scenario would be to match his hatch. I haven't yet figured out the streamline properties of the "boneless chicken breast fly," but I'll let you know if I get the pattern down perfectly.

rsimms

gil1 said:
bowriter said:

I actually wore him out to figure out any consistent pattern I could try on cats. Simms ain't your typical dainty pictureaque fly boy. First of all, he puts a dern mealworm on the bend of his fly hook. Flyfishing with bait, although probably effective, is a tough sell as flyfishing.

Yeah, I admit I've done it before, though. I used to catch sharks on a 5 wt. That in itself is ridiculously stupid, but using a squid trailer completed the dufus picture.

The other Simms catfish on the fly scenario would be to match his hatch. I haven't yet figured out the streamline properties of the "boneless chicken breast fly," but I'll let you know if I get the pattern down perfectly.

Hey... the gar are beginning to show themselves in good numbers.

Model70Man

I guess I better get rid of my jon boat since its worthless on the Clinch then. :whistle:

I've never hit bottom on the Clinch in my jon boat and I fish that river at least 50 times a year. My prop looks brand spankin new and so does my skeg.

bowriter

R.I.P.
Kinda sad but I did have to chuckle. This line reminded me of a joke we use tell as kids growing in the real rural South. I'm ashamed of it now.

Hey... the gar are beginning to show themselves in good numbers.

Latest posts