the general limbs

LCU

Did bowtech find out why the limbs are breaking?
Did buyers get new bows? Or did they refund money?

LCU

I heard a lot of negative stuff about Bowtech on Archery Talk.
May not be many in the recall,but it had to be bad for business.
I did not consider a Bowtech after I heard about that issue.
If they sold bows with cracking limbs,what does that say for the quality of all their bows?
What else is going to break,and your stuck with a broken bow.

Buckblaster

R.I.P.
This is a quote off of another site. Less than 1% failure chance. The limbs were sperating at the axle hole pulling the cam out of the limb.

Not many other bowtechs are split limb (2008) anyway and it was just this model, with split limbs mind you. It wouldnt bother me if I was buying and other model. Esp. solid limb.

"BowTech publicizes this notice as a service to BowTech customers and potential BowTech customers. We have determined a potential defect relating to the limb integrity on certain 2008 General bows produced between October 2007 and July 17, 2008.

Consumer safety has and continues to be BowTech�s primary concern, and while the incidents of failure are small, our integrity will not be compromised over business issues.

The reason for this recall: The affected limbs on 60# and 70# 2008 General bows may have been incorrectly machined, resulting in possible limb separation through the center of the axle hole. Should this happen, the affected limbs could cause the cam and axle to pull free from the limb causing major failure and the risk of personal injury to the operator and/or bystanders. Although the combined failure rate is less than 1%, we view it unacceptable and have implemented corrective action.

Corrective action BowTech has implemented: To correct this possible defect, BowTech has initiated a Factory Modification Campaign. All General bows purchased within the affected date range must be inspected by an Authorized BowTech Dealer to identify the affected bows. All General limbs built before July 17th will be replaced with new limbs featuring an Enforcement Collet System correcting the potential limb failure problem. This enforcement Collet System was implemented only after extensive testing and documentation of over 40,000 mechanical shots, on several bows without failure, validating its durability and performance.

What you should know: You should not draw or attempt to fire your 2008 General until this important inspection, and if necessary, modification is performed by an Authorized BowTech Dealer. If you are not the original owner of your 2008 General, and are unsure if the inspection/modification has been completed, contact any Authorized BowTech Dealer for inspection. Any Authorized BowTech Dealer can perform the inspection and modification. "

LCU

How did they miss this,and sell defective bows?
That would hurt if it broke at full draw,or while making a draw.

Good to hear they are making it right.
Shows good faith,by not trying to hide it.

richmanbarbeque

LCU, I guess no one has ever told you that your Mathews limbs can blow just as easy. Mathews have the same problems, so does every manufacturers. Btw, you do realize that a lot of limbs are made by the same company don't you? Maybe you should call the limb companies and leave the pot stirring to archery talk readers. Just a thought.

JayMc

What's the point?

Bowtech makes good stuff. They had a problem and owned up to it. I respect them more after that.

I've only had one bow blow and it was a Mathews. That's the only brand I've owned the last few years, but one did blow for no reason and it was only 3 weeks old.

My point, it happens to all manufacturers at some point. Kudos to Bowtech for making good on it. We can probably drop it now.

richmanbarbeque

I am done with LCU's threads. I don't come to this forum for the constant bow bash. I like razzing people as well as the next guy but if I wanted to deal with the negative, chest pounding crap I would read AT.

Radar

richmanbarbeque said:
I am done with LCU's threads. I don't come to this forum for the constant bow bash. I like razzing people as well as the next guy but if I wanted to deal with the negative, chest pounding crap I would read AT.

I agree , I see nothing of value about bow brand bashing and nothing positive it brings to this forum . Like I said before ,and will say again , Our sport would be allot better off if we all promoted bowhunting instead or our choice of bows .
Bowtech makes a nice bow . They did the right thing to recall the bows and take of the problem before it became a big issue .

bobthebowhunter

LCU said:
I heard a lot of negative stuff about Bowtech on Archery Talk.
May not be many in the recall,but it had to be bad for business.
I did not consider a Bowtech after I heard about that issue.

You were already bragging up your mathews on this site long before the genral recal. Don't act like you were looking at this bow and that changed your mind.

I have never had a problem not one problem with any of my bowtechs

I do agree that ALL bow manufactures have limb problems. Some just decide to make it public to protect their customers. Now that is good business to me.

JeepKuntry

LCU, you do realize that Matthews has had limb issues before. Quit tryin to bash other bow manufacturers. What's funny is Bowtech is becoming more and more popular. I wouldn't be surprised if Bowtech sells more bows than Matthews. Matthews has more shooters in ASA and what not because they pay more! I'll probably laugh when the 09 Matthew's lineup comes out with hardly any changes. They've been shoving basically the same crap out for years. Shoot what works for you.

LCU

I never read anything about Mathews doing a recall on the DXT. I may have missed it. Hopefully not,because I plan to consider one as my back-up bow.

Bowtech is making it right with buyers,and that is a good thing.
Why are Bowtech owners so defensive about everything?

Why so anti-Mathews?,and why do you care what Mathews shooters care about Bowtech?

I might buy a Bowtech as my next bow.
It's a lot faster then my Dren.

TheAirMan

LCU said:
Why so anti-Mathews?

I don't think any one is anti-Mathews. They just don't like someone bragging about Mathews and calling any other bow an "off brand." I don't know if you are trying to be a troll or if you think you will impress someone because you shoot a drenalin. All your doing is coming across as foolish and you are probably making enemies of people on here that are a lot more knowledgeable than you that can help you out quite a bit.

LCU

I have bowhunted for years,but not for a long time until this year. The bow I had was not fun,and I gave it up. Have friends who bow hunt,and I keep up with it.

After all that time not shooting a bow, it's like starting over. Especially with the new bows of today. Huge improvement over the PSE I bought almost 15 years ago.

bobthebowhunter

TheAirMan said:
LCU said:
Why so anti-Mathews?

I don't think any one is anti-Mathews. They just don't like someone bragging about Mathews and calling any other bow an "off brand." I don't know if you are trying to be a troll or if you think you will impress someone because you shoot a drenalin. All your doing is coming across as foolish and you are probably making enemies of people on here that are a lot more knowledgeable than you that can help you out quite a bit.

Agreed. I'm not anti mathews I just get tired of the arrogent people that shoot them. (That statement does not include every mathews shooter) The bow doesn't make a person any better of an archer or hutner.

Latest posts