That's my story and I'm sticking to it (57 pt killed in KY)

TnKen

2-Step Enabled
Noel Feather did the same thing several years ago. Shot a fenced deer in Missouri and checked it in with an Illinois tag. It ended up costing him his "celebrity deer hunter" status.

Roost 1

My guess is his lack of knowledge… although a legal harvest on the high fence operation in IndIana, Indiana season is not in yet. He couldn't say it was a free range Indiana harvest so he thought he could check it in in KY and get the fame and fortune. Not sure why he thought Patoka Whitetails would sit back and be quite. He misled Field and Stream but all he did wrong in KY was illegal check of game. I serious doubt he gets in much trouble at all in KY other than a small fine. Bottom line is the guy can't be very smart and now has no credibility with anyone.
Big bucks will make guys do crazy things.

rukiddin

Shooting a giant whitetail in a high fence doesn't appeal to me but with that said, I keep seeing references that the deer are "tame" or "pets". I've seen a few bucks in enclosures and 95% of them are anything but "tame" or "pets". Oddly enough, these bucks are usually bottle fed, but turn them out, and they go right back to nervous and flighty. I'm not saying they all act like wild free ranging deer, but I am saying that if you or I were in a stand, most of us would not be able to distinguish they were preserve deer simply based on their behavior. Again, it appeals to me none at all, but it appears some are commenting that have never seen "pet" or "tame" deer firsthand.

TnKen

2-Step Enabled
I don't think crossbows were legal in Ky until 9/18, so he was going to be in trouble even if he had shot it in Ky.

gary66

Latest posts