Tennessee violations announced today

wayne

Pbd will either cry happy tears or whine like a little girl.
Either way he's still weird.

Last edited:

wayne

Expectation from someone inside the athletic dept.
I really haven't kept up. Let me see if I find anything out. Last I heard we thought post season ban was off the table and if they retraded on that we'd sue the ncaa which would be high comedy.

My guess is some fine like $8M and some increased scholarship loss.

THEdonkey0515

No postseason Ban this is a big deal. Mutiple recruits have came forward saying they was afraid UT would get the post season ban hammer.

I'm sure that was being whispered in ears when they visited rival schools

PillsburyDoughboy

https://www.ncaa.org/news/2023/7/14...ennessee-football-program-over-3-seasons.aspx

Failure to Monitor? Cultural ??? Can you say Fat Phil ?? I knew you could :)

Laughing all the way to the bank on this day.

Failure to monitor

The panel acknowledged in its decision that Tennessee has dedicated significant financial and personnel resources to its compliance program, which was led by a highly respected individual. The panel also acknowledged that the coaches and other football staff in this case intentionally worked to conceal their conduct from compliance staff.

However, the panel determined that despite the compliance department's efforts, the scope and egregiousness of the violations in this case and the department's failure to detect the violations indicate that Tennessee failed to monitor the football program.

"The failure at Tennessee was cultural," the panel said. "It was a failure of all stakeholders to embrace the shared responsibility of monitoring and compliance and to create a culture where those responsibilities were prioritized and rewarded. This cannot simply be the responsibility of the compliance staff."

PillsburyDoughboy

No postseason Ban this is a big deal. Mutiple recruits have came forward saying they was afraid UT would get the post season ban hammer.

I'm sure that was being whispered in ears when they visited rival schools
Because we know how forward yall look to that Outback bowl and Music City Bowl Its what yall live for LOL

deerfanatic

Massive win for UT on this. Now other way to spin it in reality. They faced much much worse potential outcomes. No bowl ban. They basically forfeited the money they would make on the next couple bowls but will be able to go and play. That 8 million fine is equivalent to 3% of the football programs operating budget. Gonna lose 10 more scholarships total after you add in the ones they've already given up over the last 3 years. That's 2 per year the next 5 years. It's not gonna be a back breaker. On probation for 5 years so unless something else happens that won't affect them. The worst of it is they have some reductions in official recruiting visits but they can be also spread out over 5 years. Pruitt is the one who took the harshest part of it. 6 years show cause so no coaching for 6 years and if he is hired in any capacity such as an analyst he is suspended and has to sit at home the whole first year. Can't even help the coaches game plan much less recruit.

wayne

Screenshot_20230714_152745_Twitter.jpg

TNTreeman

Because we know how forward yall look to that Outback bowl and Music City Bowl Its what yall live for LOL
My favorite bowl last year was the gump bowl. I think it was the third Saturday in October and the Vols sent the gumps and too too home to tuscaloser to cry. I forgot the exact date and score but I'm sure someone will remind me.

Gravey

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
https://www.ncaa.org/news/2023/7/14...ennessee-football-program-over-3-seasons.aspx

Failure to Monitor? Cultural ??? Can you say Fat Phil ?? I knew you could :)

Laughing all the way to the bank on this day.

Failure to monitor

The panel acknowledged in its decision that Tennessee has dedicated significant financial and personnel resources to its compliance program, which was led by a highly respected individual. The panel also acknowledged that the coaches and other football staff in this case intentionally worked to conceal their conduct from compliance staff.

However, the panel determined that despite the compliance department's efforts, the scope and egregiousness of the violations in this case and the department's failure to detect the violations indicate that Tennessee failed to monitor the football program.

"The failure at Tennessee was cultural," the panel said. "It was a failure of all stakeholders to embrace the shared responsibility of monitoring and compliance and to create a culture where those responsibilities were prioritized and rewarded. This cannot simply be the responsibility of the compliance staff."
Long time no see😁

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
Massive win for UT on this. Now other way to spin it in reality. They faced much much worse potential outcomes. No bowl ban. They basically forfeited the money they would make on the next couple bowls but will be able to go and play. That 8 million fine is equivalent to 3% of the football programs operating budget. Gonna lose 10 more scholarships total after you add in the ones they've already given up over the last 3 years. That's 2 per year the next 5 years. It's not gonna be a back breaker. On probation for 5 years so unless something else happens that won't affect them. The worst of it is they have some reductions in official recruiting visits but they can be also spread out over 5 years. Pruitt is the one who took the harshest part of it. 6 years show cause so no coaching for 6 years and if he is hired in any capacity such as an analyst he is suspended and has to sit at home the whole first year. Can't even help the coaches game plan much less recruit.
Selling out a couple games solves the money problems…. Fingers crossed we back