TENNESSEE V Florida

wayne

Aren't there like over 100 players on a College football team? Even with the graduating seniors and incoming freshmen I still bet my "mostly the same players" comment is accurate.
Except Tennessee only has 71 scholarship players.

gator-n-buck

1st, I appreciate the "long road" comment. Now I can dampen my enthusiasm :rolleyes: .

2nd the adjustments: FL did an excellent job of making our QB miss wide open receivers AND also causing our wide open receivers to drop balls that hit them right in the hands on occasion. So, what adjustments did they make that caused that? BTW, how do you know, weren't you watching Bama ;) :D ?

The obvious difference in the game was QB play. Jones is great. He didn't miss many throws and is a great runner. Fl and GA will be a great game.

I do really like this offense. We just have to be able to execute it. And the defense was admirable.

I just hope we didn't lose to many to injury, because we have no depth. When your center HAS to play on one leg, you know you're in trouble. That was painful to watch.

I shall retort a retort and your retort.

When Qbs normally make bad passes is because of pressure. When Wr drop passes it's normally because they are expecting to be hit. nd he adjustments: FL did an excellent job of making our QB miss wide open receivers AND also causing our wide open receivers to drop balls that hit them right in the hands on occasion. So, what adjustments did they make that caused that?
I dislike the gators more than any other team..... all I know about them is they had a born and raised Tennessee boy for their coach.

Spurrier was actually born in FL and moved to TN as a kid.... Thought I would help...lol

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled

When Qbs normally make bad passes is because of pressure. When Wr drop passes it's normally because they are expecting to be hit. nd he adjustments: FL did an excellent job of making our QB miss wide open receivers AND also causing our wide open receivers to drop balls that hit them right in the hands on occasion. So, what adjustments did they make that caused that?

Spurrier was actually born in FL and moved to TN as a kid.... Thought I would help...l

Spurrier was actually born in FL and moved to TN as a kid.... Thought I would help...lol
yes.... I'm just as much of an expert on Florida as the Alabama fans are on Tennessee.

buckaroo

Its obvious you haven't watched us play this year, espeacially Milton at qb

Bone Collector

Aren't there like over 100 players on a College football team? Even with the graduating seniors and incoming freshmen I still bet my "mostly the same players" comment is accurate.
technically yes, but as far as practical application is concerned not accurate. Something like 25-30 starters transferred. Basically our best players that could have made a huge impact ran to other teams and are starting on them. Some of those teams include Alabama, and Oklahoma, so these are good players that left. Heupel was left with some good players, but mostly the leftovers so to speak.

Bone Collector

Its obvious you haven't watched us play this year, espeacially Milton at qb
Exactly. My buddy is a transplant from Michigan. His dad was a GM guy and moved here in the 90's when they opened the Saturn plant. He is a diehard MI fan. When Milton transferred, he told me that Milton was garbage and while he has a cannon he misses wide open receivers, especially on deep balls, and he stays hurt.... Talk about hitting the nail right on the head.

PillsburyDoughboy

Exactly. My buddy is a transplant from Michigan. His dad was a GM guy and moved here in the 90's when they opened the Saturn plant. He is a diehard MI fan. When Milton transferred, he told me that Milton was garbage and while he has a cannon he misses wide open receivers, especially on deep balls, and he stays hurt.... Talk about hitting the nail right on the head.
Didn't take long for that to come to the surface at vols huh?

PalsPal

and while he has a cannon he misses wide open receivers, especially on deep balls, and he stays hurt....
Sounds like JG, except he wasn't as injury prone.

Well scratch that, he missed two games with an injury.

I checked his stats. He has a decent completion % , but only averaging 6.2 yds per pass, so he must be doing a lot of dinking (I wonder he figured out to hit a running back slipping out toward the sideline?).

BUT, he has one TD and 3 picks and been sacked 8 times. THAT sounds familiar :D !

wayne

Sounds like JG, except he wasn't as injury prone.

Well scratch that, he missed two games with an injury.

I checked his stats. He has a decent completion % , but only averaging 6.2 yds per pass, so he must be doing a lot of dinking (I wonder he figured out to hit a running back slipping out toward the sideline?).

BUT, he has one TD and 3 picks and been sacked 8 times. THAT sounds familiar :D !
But zero pick-6's. Makes him better than Gitmo.

Latest posts