Team Allegiance Poll

Why are you loyal to the team you pull for?

• 1. It's your Alma Mater.

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • 2. You live in the state and thus pull for a team from your home state.

Votes: 39 62.9%
  • 3. Your family has always pulled for them.

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • 4. You like their colors.

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • 5. You have no idea, you just like football.

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

wayne

My dad had 9 brothers and they were all Tennessee fans so I got to hear a lot of talk about the team. Especially when I was 9 because that's when Majors came back to Tennessee. I remember seeing the newspaper articles and that got me excited for the 1977 season. I took it on myself to listen to the radio of the first game that year. I knew that I was I a Vol fan when I heard John Ward describing the entrance of the team and Ward describing the crowd as they stomped on the aluminum bleachers. He said something like it "roared and roared as the Big Orange take the field." My hair stood up when he said "Wherever you are around the world, it's football time in Tennessee". Hooked ever since.

prstide

Was born in the hills of TN. After having served 11-29 in the county jail on multiple occasions and only being able to wear orange for nearly years at a time, I finally got out of that vicious cycle a couple years ago and vowed to never wear that shade of orange again.
Had never paid much attention to football because I was always pretty inebriated or cooking meth on the weekends. When I finally cleaned up my act from what I could tell Alabama has evidently been pretty good recently. I see a lot of other people wearing Roll Tide shirts so I just joined in since they don't wear inmate orange. (😏 sarcasm)

Last edited:

Union Co. Boy

I was born in Harlan County, Kentucky in 1972 and moved to Tennessee in 1982. I grew up rooting for the Big Blue and even met Kyle Macy once at our service station. It's just always been in my blood, so to speak. Conversely, my family always rooted for the Reds, and I'm a Braves fan. I guess with Kentucky it's just a feeling I get when they play. It's personal, for lack of a better term. And I have always pulled for them in every sport, not just basketball before anyone roasts me too much. I attended UT for a couple of years, but it just never felt the same as watching my Cats.

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
Yup. LOTS of flags flying in Tennessee after the win against Alabama. I've been here for about 12 years and never knew there were so many VOLS fans.
1666733327915.gif

Latest posts