Team Allegiance Poll

Why are you loyal to the team you pull for?

• 1. It's your Alma Mater.

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • 2. You live in the state and thus pull for a team from your home state.

Votes: 39 62.9%
  • 3. Your family has always pulled for them.

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • 4. You like their colors.

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • 5. You have no idea, you just like football.

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

hootywho

I have wondered this as well. When reading any type of sport-related post, there are always "we" "our" and/or "us" designations. I am definitely not aiming this towards one fanbase as it prevalent in every state/sport combination. I have lived in three different SEC states and it's always the same, regardless of fanbase. I am just curious as to how many of the "we" club actually attended said school, let alone graduated from there. Again, I'm not implying anything, I've just always been genuinely interested in what makes your school "your" school. Great topic MUP.

wayne

It's been proven scientifically that fans of teams without having a geographical or personal connection, choose their teams in their youth and often pick winning, successful teams because it helps them cope with being born, natural losers. Trust the science, bro.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I got a baseball glove for my birthday when I was probably 6 or 7?
Had Jim Rice's signature in the palm.
Red Sox fan ever since.

NFL my dad used to tell stories about when the Packers and Bears played they would fight and even sometimes whip a ref.
My brother had a "half helmet" plaque thingy.
Instant Packers fan.

College football, just always pulled for TN.

*haven't watched a pro baseball game in years. Quit when I couldn't pronounce 90% of their names.

TNTreeman

Born and raised in southern middle Tennessee, never have lived anywhere else. Never went to school there but had season tickets with my cousin until I started a family and gave them up. I love Orange and wear it when they suck or when they are good. My ringtone is Rocky Top and I'm quite good at clogging and buck dancing . Married a Tennessee girl and try to buy Tn products. I love my state and proud to call this place home.

volsfan1976

From as early on as I can remember every Saturday in the fall we would be at someone's house listening to the ballgame on the radio. It seems like back then maybe the Alabama game was like the only one to come on tv. May have been more but don't really remember seeing them. I guess I never knew anything other than loving the Vols. And I was 10 when Tennessee played Miami in the 86 sugar bowl. We had no chance and they were talking about how they should be crowned national champions. I'll never forget how I felt as that game went on and when it was over. At that time, I believe that's the happiest I had ever been. Still my favorite game ever. Many many sleepless nights because of college football but I guess you can't help what you love. But sometimes it's hard to be quiet in the treestand listening to the games. Lol.

TNReb

There is a valid distinction between The University and Ole Miss even though the separate threads are closely interwoven.

The University is buildings, trees and people. Ole Miss is mood, emotion and personality. One is physical, and the other is spiritual. One is tangible, and the other intangible.

The University is respected, but Ole Miss is loved. The University gives a diploma and regretfully terminates tenure, but one never graduates from Ole Miss.

@Dbllunger

Coltens

My granddad attended UT and my family have pulled for them since then. I attended UT Martin but still a Vol fan.

PalsPal

My dad has had season tickets for 50+ yrs.

I still remember listening to John Ward with him, and his jumping in the air when a Condredge Holloway made a game-winning play. I was maybe 8.

Latest posts