Tdub and the commissioners can suck it

double browtine

I last hunted public land for ducks about 17 years ago. I now hunt on private land, however I haven't bought a duck stamp and hunted the past 4 years. Duck hunting is not what it used to be. I grew up hunting Springville Bottoms with my father in the early 1980's. Back then duck hunting was great. Then I went a few years without hunting and then when I was in my early 20's I started hunting private land and along the Cumberland river close to some of the better private duck sanctuaries. I hate to say it but I may not ever duck hunt again! The cost is definitely not worth the amount of meat that you get. It's probably cheaper per pound to go on a guided elk hunt than it is to duck hunt for a season. And ducks don't really taste that good. I would much rather eat deer or fish.
In closing I will say that the TWRA has really lost A LOT of money, by how they have changed things these last couple of years and will be losing more $ due to more people dropping out of duck hunting.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I last hunted public land for ducks about 17 years ago. I now hunt on private land, however I haven't bought a duck stamp and hunted the past 4 years. Duck hunting is not what it used to be. I grew up hunting Springville Bottoms with my father in the early 1980's. Back then duck hunting was great. Then I went a few years without hunting and then when I was in my early 20's I started hunting private land and along the Cumberland river close to some of the better private duck sanctuaries. I hate to say it but I may not ever duck hunt again! The cost is definitely not worth the amount of meat that you get. It's probably cheaper per pound to go on a guided elk hunt than it is to duck hunt for a season. And ducks don't really taste that good. I would much rather eat deer or fish.
In closing I will say that the TWRA has really lost A LOT of money, by how they have changed things these last couple of years and will be losing more $ due to more people dropping out of duck hunting.
I fully expect to have a really good year this year hunting in Missouri.
If it is, yet again, a no ducks around type of year, this will be my last go round.

I really hope you are right about them losing a lot of money, they deserve it.
Gonna buy the bare minimum license requirements for fishing in TN from now on.
I have bought a sportsmans license for as long as they have been available and still have done so just because it's easy even though I haven't deer hunted in SEVERAL years.
Won't be buying it anymore.

Latest posts