Tdub and the commissioners can suck it

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Piss on them all.
34 at gooch is the best blind on the wma.
There was NOTHING wrong with it but in their infinite wisdom they tore it down and buried it.
Gonna erect one of the $50,000 + boat docks in its place.
Thanks for fing up a system there was NOTHING wrong with !
Hope you two days drawers have fun ya freakin morons !
I have bought my last sportsman license that's for dam sure !
Sickening!!!

AE2BFC63-3F63-4146-93EC-030136F96E9F.jpeg

FE1FC7F6-1921-4A28-AD29-0C2DBBCBC604.jpeg

9EEA4147-D83D-48EA-BD45-20389BB7B0E4.jpeg

Last edited:

TheLBLman

Hope you two days drawers have fun . . . . .
How does someone with only 2 days to hunt have any "reasonable" opportunity to even half-way organize a waterfowl hunt like this?

Do you place your decoys when you otherwise should have been hunting during the prime time of your first morning? Do you just go in blind trying to find your blind on the 1st morning of your 2-day hunt?

Seems like a lot, actually too much work for such a short opportunity to hunt?

There's a lot of private flooded ground waterfowl hunting taking place nearby outside this WMA. These guys have HUGE decoy spreads and expert callers in their blinds. Seems the 2-day draw hunts will really help the guys out on the adjoining private properties?

I suspect a lot of public land duck hunters are going to quickly sour on the sport, as most of these are driving from afar, and it's just too much work for such a small opportunity.

Buzzard Breath

How does someone with only 2 days to hunt have any "reasonable" opportunity to even half-way organize a waterfowl hunt like this?

Do you place your decoys when you otherwise should have been hunting during the prime time of your first morning? Do you just go in blind trying to find your blind on the 1st morning of your 2-day hunt?

There's a lot of private flooded ground waterfowl hunting taking place nearby outside this WMA. These guys have HUGE decoy spreads and expert callers in their blinds. Seems the 2-day draw hunts will really help the guys out on the adjoining private properties?

I suspect a lot of public land duck hunters are going to quickly sour on the sport, as most of these are driving from afar, and it's just too much work for such a small opportunity.
The 2 day hunts are separated with off days and we were allowed to set-up the day before. The morning of our first day, we just showed up, made some coffee, and started hunting.

It was a great opportunity for my hunting group to enjoy a short, but fun, duck hunt when we've got so much going on in our lives that drawing a yearly blind wouldn't be reasonable.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
We had 4 day quota blinds twice(one mid, one late). Had to throw decoys in the dark 1st morning and pick em up when we were ready to leave day 4.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled

They have destroyed public duck hunting in west tn I know that much.
Wouldn't be so bad but they literally took ALL of the best spots!
I'm over it.
Not buying a sportsman license and spending my waterfowl money in the bootheel next season.
If this coming year sucks I will officially retire from duck hunting, sell all my crap and buy a new boat.

drake799

I hope they mowed the field. Last time I seen it was getting grown up with saplings and such. That wma is so poorly run it's pathetic.

TheLBLman

We had 4 day quota blinds twice(one mid, one late). Had to throw decoys in the dark 1st morning and pick em up when we were ready to leave day 4.
If those who made up these rules had to themselves duck under under the rules they make,
I wonder if there would be any 2 to 4-day hunts like these?

Going to be many days the blinds don't get hunted at all by anyone (especially during the early mornings when hunting is normally best). Then a lot of days the blinds are filled with inexperienced hunters sky-busting & scaring off the ducks both for them and some nearby blinds?

When I did duck hunt a bit, there were few things more frustrating than having someone in a nearby blind arrive late, or leave early, or worst of all, be out placing or retrieving their decoys. This didn't happen so often when you had the blind for an entire season, but I can see it being a more major problem with 2 to 4-day hunts, especially with people totally unfamiliar with the area. They're going to mess up a lot of other people's hunting with their goings & comings, some just getting lost.

On another hand, these new "rules" may actually help the waterfowl hunting on the adjoining private properties?

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
There were probably as many days empty in those blinds last season than there were with folks in them, maybe more. And there was a lot of long and high shooting, moving decoys during daylight, and all other manner of annoyance from frustrated folks. We even had some seemingly deliberate shots taken while we were trying to work one of the few ducks we saw, that there was no chance at all of the other blind killing.

THE DUKE

Piss on them all.
34 at gooch is the best blind on the wma.
There was NOTHING wrong with it but in their infinite wisdom they tore it down and buried it.
Gonna erect one of the $50,000 + boat docks in its place.
Thanks for fing up a system there was NOTHING wrong with !
Hope you two days drawers have fun ya freakin morons !
I have bought my last sportsman license that's for dam sure !
Sickening!!!

View attachment 140695

View attachment 140697
View attachment 140698
I know how you fill I'm here on old hickory and the manager is a yes man makes me sick.

Headhunter

SPOT ON!

Headhunter

for people who have no opportunity to hunt private ground...like me fishing a very public and over used river...sucks but what else are you going to do
So you get to spend piles of money (guns, waders, boat, decoys, calls, clothes, and now GAS) and go sit and stare at the sky for a couple days, that is progress? Really? I don't have private ground for duck hunting, never have. What the TWRA did WITH and TO duck hunting is beyond stupid and makes ZERO sense. This complete BS partly comes from "everybody gets a trophy, nobody loses, life is not fair, etc." It is complete liberal, partly communistic crap. Even the guy I spoke to who works for the TWRA and was a part of setting up this crap admitted that. He brought that thought up, not me.

In Tennessee, in drawing a duck blind, I will say this is for 90 percent of all blinds in the state and most likely it is a higher percentage. When someone draws a blind, they are hoping, the are wishing, heck if they are smart they are PRAYING they will get a few days (if they are lucky may get a week or 2) that the weather is right and there are ducks. There is no rhyme or reason as to when those precious few days will be. They could be any time of the season. On top of putting out decoys and getting a blind ready to hunt, there is NO WAY that a day or 2 or 3 days is even remotely in the ballpark of enough time to hunt a blind. Unless you get the LUCKY few days there are either ducks, good weather or BOTH, the time and money of duck hunting (boats, guns, ammo, waders, decoys, calls, etc.) is a complete waste. Sure, you get a blind for a couple days, but to do what, stare at the sky? What a load of crap. The only way this actually works, is if there are enough ducks to support the process. Meaning throughout the season, there is a realistic chance of killing ducks, which is not the case for most of Tennessee. It is so SAD the TWRA has ruined and turned duck hunting into a complete crap shoot. It will be a stroke of luck to pick the best few days of a season for a blind. Maybe divide the season in thirds or halves, maybe then someone will get a chance to have the blind when there are ducks. This BS of we have to give everyone a chance (exact words from the TWRA) is that, complete BS.

And when it comes to the selling of blinds (I don't have a problem with that, so long the drawing process is fair, I don't care what someone does with a blind they drew) but several game officers have told me that they believe the TWRA could have stopped the selling of blinds a long time ago, they just will not.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
We had one of the tier 2 blinds twice last season. Once in Dec, and once in Jan. Dec, we killed 11 ducks in our 4 days. Jan we killed 3, and all 3 on the third day. The other 3 we never fired a shot, and only saw a handful of ducks. Veterans hunt that a buddy drew one, there was 1 duck killed right at daylight, never fired another shot all day.