Taxidermy stuff……. Floppy tongue doe is home

Deer Assassin

I want to say thanks to T.C. ( AT Hiker) for a great job. I felt like I was cheating since I have used the same taxidermist for years, but he has since retired. I thought I would give TC a try , heck he was a member here and Clarksville isn't that far.
I have always said you know you taxidermist is good when they don't want to mount some crazy idea you have. Through extensive conversation about money and expectations we decided not to do a shoulder mount on her. Instead we opted for a full euro and tan the hide .

It turned out better than I thought. This was such a special deer to me. Please see link below for the kill thread.

We concluded she was hit by a car at a young age and it smacked her jaw good. I had pics for 2 years and she was healthy.

TC thanks again I really appreciate it

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=369718

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

mike243

Reckon she was eating hickory nuts lol , folks that eat tongue could've got a couple meals from her lol . Is it $$$ to get a cap tanned? kinda would like to have 1 done some day if I get another with some piebald in it

swd

Doesn't look like she would have lasted too many more seasons with the wear pattern on her teeth being so pronounced and extreme. Great work!

tn24

I remember the story the night you posted about finally getting this deer. It was one of the best stories I have read here. If I remember correctly she ended up in a bad spot. Your description of West Tn.- ravine Middle Tn.- deep hole East Tn.- small ditch was hilarious. Congratulations.

Latest posts