Taurus PT609 vs any other Taurus handgun?

Wiley

I have a NIB, never fired Taurus PT609 that I won in a raffle of some sort close to 10 years ago. It was more of a private party benefit fund raiser and no FFL was involved and I just took possession, put in in my safe and it's been there all these years. Fast forward to today one I spotted the back case and got it out. Then did some internet checking for value. CRAP! There was a recall that I never knew about but it has expired. So, tomorrow I'm gonna call Taurus and see what they have to say. I doubt they want an unsafe weapon out in public regardless of the expired recall AND they have a lifetime warranty. I'm pondering a trade (with cash from me if necessary) for another one of their handguns BUT, I've looked at their offerings today and they have absolutely nothing that gets my attention. Maybe a Judge but even that barely gets my attention.

So, do any of y'all have a Taurus handgun that you REALLY like? And even if I end up with another Taurus, it will likely go in the safe to be discovered another 10 years down the road.

iowavf

I bought a model 44 in 44 mag to hunt with. I got it because it was about $600 less than a Ruger or Smith so I thought I'd give it a try. Brother has a Ruger in 44 mag and I can shoot the Taurus as good or better than the Ruger. I put a trigger spring kit which made a big difference in trigger if using double action. I don't think they make the model 44 anymore, it's now a Tracker or Raging Bull, but they're double what i paid. Shot a coyote and doe this year, both at around 70 yards. I had my old Tasco Propoint red dot on it and it worked ok, but bought a Burris 2x off Ebay to use now. I know they've never been a very popular gun company, but I didn't buy it to impress others. I've had it for three years and paid $380 at a local gun shop because they weren't making them anymore but still had some new ones on line you could get.

gtk

Staff member
I had a PT740 that I never had any trouble with, my daughter took it for her gun. Friend had a PT709 he liked. I still have a 44 (dont know the model) that I bought to hunt with, but haven't shot it.

Smo

They make a killer .22 👍 😎

9E3F03A6-E7C9-42F3-A9DA-708568BBCDFC.jpeg
1A572B11-BC28-432D-9731-CAFD2C24CBFF.jpeg