Tagged Out: Serious Mass

rifle02

Was fortunate enjoy to harvest this heavy 9 pointer yesterday afternoon. When I spotted this deer he was over 400 yards away with his head down eating a cover crop of winter wheat, clover, peas and turnips. I decided to use the terrain to close the distance to 266 yards. He was quartering hard when I squezzed the trigger on my RUM custom .45 cal smokeless muzzleloaders with a Parker Match Hunter 300gr bullet. He only went 20 yard and piled up in the feild. Extremely pleased to end my season with this mature buck.
Are you serious?😁 serious doesn't even begin to describe that buck. That is one awesome dude right there.

JCDEERMAN

Started with the Remington Ultimate 700. It was custom built by Levi Reed at LRCUstumes. I hated the recoil.
Converted to a 45 cal
Bell and Carlson stock
Match grade Brux barrel
Smokeless rated breech plug (Arrowhead rifles)
MZ Rex Breech Plug
Timney trigger
Leupold 6.5 x 20 vx3
Levi will load develop and guarantee a sub MOA group before shipping. Most won't believe it but I've shot 1.5" groups at 300 and X rings at 600. Happy to answer any questions you might have.
That's awesome. Thanks for the info and will do!

Rob-HC Hunter

Congrats…. Those Parker bullets are hard on deer.
I'm going to build another hunting right. But I'm at no disadvantage with my set up. And you are right 300gr at 2900 fps is a real problem.
I believe I would end my season on that brute! Heck, I'd start my season on him too!!🤣🤣

Congrats in a nice one.
yes sir. Going to be hard to get me to go on doe patrol. My plan was to kill at least 5 this year.

oldmanelrod

2-Step Enabled
Was fortunate enjoy to harvest this heavy 9 pointer yesterday afternoon. When I spotted this deer he was over 400 yards away with his head down eating a cover crop of winter wheat, clover, peas and turnips. I decided to use the terrain to close the distance to 266 yards. He was quartering hard when I squezzed the trigger on my RUM custom .45 cal smokeless muzzleloaders with a Parker Match Hunter 300gr bullet. He only went 20 yard and piled up in the feild. Extremely pleased to end my season with this mature buck.
Very impressive deer.

Latest posts