Tagged Out: Serious Mass

DMD

Was fortunate enjoy to harvest this heavy 9 pointer yesterday afternoon. When I spotted this deer he was over 400 yards away with his head down eating a cover crop of winter wheat, clover, peas and turnips. I decided to use the terrain to close the distance to 266 yards. He was quartering hard when I squezzed the trigger on my RUM custom .45 cal smokeless muzzleloaders with a Parker Match Hunter 300gr bullet. He only went 20 yard and piled up in the feild. Extremely pleased to end my season with this mature buck.
That's a super buck! Congrats! WOW!

Rob-HC Hunter

Great job and great season, man! Congrats to you! Give me the cliff notes on your custom smokeless. You start with a 45-70 or REM 700?
Started with the Remington Ultimate 700. It was custom built by Levi Reed at LRCUstumes. I hated the recoil.
Converted to a 45 cal
Bell and Carlson stock
Match grade Brux barrel
Smokeless rated breech plug (Arrowhead rifles)
MZ Rex Breech Plug
Timney trigger
Leupold 6.5 x 20 vx3
Levi will load develop and guarantee a sub MOA group before shipping. Most won't believe it but I've shot 1.5" groups at 300 and X rings at 600. Happy to answer any questions you might have.

camoman270

Was fortunate enjoy to harvest this heavy 9 pointer yesterday afternoon. When I spotted this deer he was over 400 yards away with his head down eating a cover crop of winter wheat, clover, peas and turnips. I decided to use the terrain to close the distance to 266 yards. He was quartering hard when I squezzed the trigger on my RUM custom .45 cal smokeless muzzleloaders with a Parker Match Hunter 300gr bullet. He only went 20 yard and piled up in the feild. Extremely pleased to end my season with this mature buck.
Outstanding!!!
Congratulations that is awesome!!

Latest posts