Swift scirocco

Model70Man

They are awesome bullets. However, not very many people like them because they are not consistently accurate. I have used them out of my 270 WSM and they worked very well and shot right at an inch at 100 yds. Here is a pic of what they look like after they do their job. 270 WSM, 3300+ fps, 20 yds, penetrated approx 10 inches behind the shoulder shot and the bullet was found in the skin on the opposite side. Deer ran 30 yds and fell over.
Scirroco001.jpg

Jcalder

Looks like great expansion. Some of the reviews I've read said the same about accuracy. They don't seem consistent. Also heard they leave alot of copper in the barrel. Have you experienced that

Model70Man

They expand great, but they do not penetrate very deep. They really fouled my barrel. After soaking the barrel for approx 10 min with Shooters Choice copper remover, I pushed a soaked patch thru and slivers of copper were visible on the patch and the patch was as blue as the ocean. It took longer to clean than my other rifles.

I would still use the bullet.

cleatus2506

I use the original Sciroccos in my 7mag. I've tried the Scirocco II's and don't like them nearly as well. I got lucky and stocked up on several boxes before the originals disappeared. I've had no accuracy issues or issues with extensive copper fouling with the originals.

Kimberman

I have used them out of my 270 WSM, and my 264 Win Mag, and have had nothing but good luck with them. My 264 is scary accurate with them, and it doesn't seem to care which powder or how fast or slow I push it, it just likes that bullet. I think I have taken 6 critters with the Scirocco between the 2 guns. The total distance anything traveled after the hit is 10 yards of all 6:

1. 270 WSM yote at about 30 yards. DRT
2. 270 WSM doe at about 25 yards. DRT
3,4 270 WSM 2 hogs, 40 yards, both DRT
5,6 264 Win Mag 2 does. 1st doe DRT, 45 yards. 2nd doe 75 yards. Dropped at the shot, somehow got up and tried to run with both shoulders gone. Stumbled 10 yards and fell over dead.

Needless to say that is pretty good results in my book. FWIW the 270 WSM was with Sciroccos, the 264 is Scirocco 2s.

Jcalder

I know they are a premium bullet. But the fouling part is a concern. I don't wanna clean my after a handful of shots. I really don't wanna clean my barrel till the accuracy drops off. If using just for hunting tho it wouldn't be a chore to shoot them.

Latest posts