Food Plots Summer plots

deerhunter10

We finished all of ours today. 3 acres of soghrum leaving it standing see how it does. About 13 acres of beans. 3 acres of sunflowers (dove) both farmers planted corn so easy on us. Doing some trading for standing corn in the fall probably around 4 acres. On top of that cut raked and baled about 80 acres. Been a long 10 days. Nice to be done with food plots for the summer.

deerhunter10

What's the purpose of the standing sorgham for this fall? Screening cover?
Screening in some spots. Cover in the majority. Also curious to see how they eat when it dries down. We have a few extra acres just experimenting. Have talked to a few people that for the price point prefer soghrum to corn. That seems a little crazy to me but we will see. Also tried a different bean then we have used in the past. Will see about that also we have a good deer density so not expecting a ton.

megalomaniac

Screening in some spots. Cover in the majority. Also curious to see how they eat when it dries down. We have a few extra acres just experimenting. Have talked to a few people that for the price point prefer soghrum to corn. That seems a little crazy to me but we will see. Also tried a different bean then we have used in the past. Will see about that also we have a good deer density so not expecting a ton.
I left a lot standing last year for feathering edges of large plots. Tons of seed heads, but birds cleaned them up before deer hit them. Now the deer did eat the sorgham heads I bushhogged down for fall planting.

Latest posts