Suggestion for pistols to defend

Omega

A .22 or better PCP rifle, does a great job. The Benjamin Marauder .22 I got from @memfuzz shoots real quiet and has been protecting my apple trees from pesky squirrels real well. I should have got one of these a long time ago.

Squirrel and zucchini

HeCcs2R.jpg

BPhunter

A .22 or better PCP rifle, does a great job. The Benjamin Marauder .22 I got from @memfuzz shoots real quiet and has been protecting my apple trees from pesky squirrels real well. I should have got one of these a long time ago.

Squirrel and zucchini

HeCcs2R.jpg
I use to eat squirrel, then I started to get more squirrely than I am now 🤣.

Gravey

He has been using a .410 but wants a pistol. I said a Ruger Single Six but he didn't like the $800 price!! Ha!
If he's gonna shoot with a pistol I'm assuming he's trapping them since you won't get close enough with a pistol. For a pistol he can get the Heritage Rough Rider 22 with multiple cylinders (22mag and 22lr) for around $200. My neighbor just gave me one he's had and never shot. Tried to pay him and he wouldn't take it.

If a rifle Sportsman Warwhouse just had a Savage model 93 22 mag stainless on sale for $250. I picked one up but haven't gotten the scope mounted and zero'd.

Last edited:

SSlater

Super wrangler is probably the next gun on my list.

No longer on list. Love this thing!

Last edited:

DaveTN

If he's gonna shoot with a pistol I'm assuming he's trapping them since you won't get close enough with a pistol. For a pistol he can get the Heritage Rough Rider 22 with multiple cylinders (22mag and 22lr) for around $200. My neighbor just gave me one he's had and never shot. Tried to pay him and he wouldn't take it.
$99 in stock, Flash Sale