Sucking in Kansas

Atchman2

Well, I SAW a turkey, but its hens saw me and skeedaddled. They did exactly what I thought they would do and flew up from a hillside. Now that I know their routine I'm feeling better about tomorrow.

Atchman2

Not yet! I have a half day left. Today I fell and broke my POV camera, my crossbow and probably one of my ribs. Fell right on top of my crossbow. I'm going to either borrow one from my family, or actually get my bow sighted in.

Joe2Kool

Maybe the Kansas turkey population is declining, and they need to set their season back 2 weeks and decrease the bag limit to 2. Just sayn'
🤣
Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Eliminating bonus birds on WMAs that get hunted two weekends a year, for only half a day would help too. Oh, and cutting the limit to one jake as well. 🤣

I'm sorry. I couldn't resist either.

Atchman2

Ouch! Good luck, and post pics!
I can't fix the crossbow. I feel right on top of the trigger area. It is a cheap Barnett Jackal so it just gives me the chance to order a new one. I have nearly two weeks left here, so I want ahead and ordered a newer model Barnett that still uses 20" arrows.

For certain my rib is broken. I can barely move today without a pain. I'm going to have to migrate to somewhere else to hunt. The outfitter has "gun people" coming in this week as the gun season starts on Monday. I'm pretty sure my chances of getting a bird is virtually none now. Still I am continuing to scout for more birds. Going to be pathetic to be here three weeks and not even get a shot.

Atchman2

Dude, HATE to hear it... I was really pulling for you!
Thank you! I am happy to get a new crossbow, but it was hard throwing the other one in the scrap metal bin at the farm. I took off the string silencers, scope, sling, and my nice quiver. Maybe I can use them on the new one.

I have my bow here, but with my rib messed up, I can't pull it! I do have a little recurve crossbow that I've killed 5 turkeys with here. I can use it until the new one gets here. At least the weather is going to be better this week!

Latest posts