Stuck breech plug

Duck dogn

I know it's probably been discussed before but I need help lol. I aquired a cva muzzle loader a month or so ago and I got the nipple out but can't get the breech plug out. The gun is still very clean as I can look through the breech and barrel is in great shape. He said he never took the plug out just always took the nipple out to clean. What can I use or do I need to bother with taking it out!

Carlos

Did you get this taken care of? They can be tough to remove, if not removed during every cleaning, and lubricated. Over- tightening them is also another problem that's a bad idea.

I've removed a few of them for buddies over the years.

Have you got the OEM disassembly tool that fits the rifle?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

fairchaser

You may have to disassemble it and put the barrel in a vice. Use a six point socket and a good socket wrench. After soaking it, try a little back and forth. You might break a thread that you will need to chase later but you can get it out.

Wobblyshot1

I've never tried this but plan to. Automatic transmission fluid and acetone mixed 50/50 is supposed to make an excellent penetrant and much cheaper and easier to find than Kroil plus what fairchaser said.

Latest posts