Strangest place you have hunted?

mathews338

About 20 years ago the guys on one of my leases had a dozer pull an old school bus up on top of the ridge. They tore all the seats out and fixed it up to stay in, like a camper. Through the years they stopped using it and trespassers on 4 wheelers busted out all the glass with rocks but it still is a good place to hunt out of. Nice view of a draw and 2 ridges from there.

in the dog house

I hunted out of an old outhouse in the mountains of north AL. The old house had burned and the outhouse was all that was left. Shot a few does out of it.

Poleaxe

Junk yard, grave yard (wondering when the corpse was gonna come up and grab me) , Cilo, huge concrete pipe, and out of a powerline after climbing up with two 2x8 placing them in the corner to sit on.

deerhunter10

junk yard, old barn, didn't sit inside the out house but beside it, on top of a seed driller, on top of a disc, and in an old shed for deer. for turkeys I will sit on or by just about everything if its where I think I should be same for deer I aint scared to think outside the box.

Timber Ghost

Within 7-10 yrds of the Great Smoky boundary, hiking trail ran along the boundary, many unsuspecting hikers passed almost under the stand unaware. Had 27 deer come under the tree one morn before I finally shot a 7 pointer.

51 pointer

An old dump that was grown up over 15 years....... Not a tree to climb but sign was awesome........I hunted the ground with a make shift blind and shot a 200" buck that came to the horns trailing behind a doe......it was so unorthodox but effective and very successful, maybe just very lucky

Mudbone

Back of an old dump truck filled with sticks and leaves, and the engine compartment of an old fairlane tuck into a field edge.

arctic_cat

In a old 50's something model Chevy truck in a field at my brothers buddies uncles house. It even had a mouse living in the glovebox that he would bring food to while he was hunting out of it. Funny thing he never told me about the mouse when he put me in the truck, I heard something in the glovebox for an hour before I ever opened it. He was sitting there chilling like whares my food man.

KENBOB10

Boone 58 said:
bgrooms said:
The post about barns got me thinking. Where or what is the strangest place you have hunted?

For me, probably off a pallet on a forklift at the edge of a field.

Chestatee wma in north Georgia...............the deliverance guys were there, just like in the movie......the creepiest thing I have ever witnessed................It was the morning the largest black bear ever got hit by a large truck and almost weighed 6-700 pounds or thereabouts.........about 1992 ish. The dudes were standing side by side, 3 of them, long beards like from the civil war and just staring a hole thru anyone who passed by them on the road. you would have had to have seen it to believe it. :crazy:

That was me, Brisco and Kingston.

jaybird62

Killed my first buck from a tobacco barn. Had to jump a stack of tar paper to get a shot when the hounds ran it behind the barn. Killed a few does and bucks from a tree I climbed in a family cemetery where a Revolutionary War Colonel was buried on an old plantation. Also killed a buck from a tree in the slave cemetery on the same land. Killed an 18-inch wide 6-pointer right behind the parking lot of the NWTF headquarters November 1995. I had been in budget meetings all day and was still wearing a tie and dress clothes. The sun was going down, so I decided to grab my rifle from the truck and walk back to the little food plot we had planted about 90 yards from the parking lot. I didn't get 10 yards off the pavement when the doe bolted and left the buck staring at me 70 yards away down the path to the food plot. I came back inside the headquarters and Rob Keck was the only staff member there. It didn't take much to convince him to help me drag the buck to the truck, but nobody got to hunt there after that. That was back when the NWTF only owned about 25 acres. Last I heard the NWTF bought up several hundred acres around the office and have a really nice place to hunt. (Wonder who paid for that?)

double browtine

I missed a 130 class 8 pointer with my bow hunting at a golf course. I was hiding on the steep side of a tee box on the downslope side. I was peeking over the top when I saw him behind 5 does. I had to draw my bow while laying on my side then I rolled over and up on one knee. I missed over his back and stuck my arrow in a tree. I think my anchor point was off with all the movement.

warpheagle

My brother had an old Portapotty made into a shooting house. Also at a club I was once in, we towed an old abandoned camper up on top of a hill overlooking a green field, it was known as the Trailer Trash stand.

Latest posts