Strangest place you have hunted?

cozy23

Underneath the bleachers at a football field. Buddy killed a turkey at 4 yards right between the fence and the concession stand.

treefarmer

Blind with roof hidden inside the middle of a rock pile in a farmer's field. Roof lifted up so we could climb down into the blind. It was our best blind for decades.

DaveB

Kind of hunted....

We were on a convoy to Xuan Loc and started taking incoming mortar rounds. Trucks swerved off road, everyone bailed and dispersed into forest. While I was there I looked around for trouble and found none looked for tigers found none looked for anything at all to shoot. Nuttin.

sbhockey

I've got to ask, a golf course and a football field? How exactly are you getting access to hunt those kinds of places? Oh, and looks like this is my first post here. New to the area so I'm sure I'll be picking some brains.

DaveB

I actually leased a golf course for deer hunting. Drove golf carts to/from clubhouse, which is where we stayed. This was in TN!!

cozy23

sbhockey said:
I've got to ask, a golf course and a football field? How exactly are you getting access to hunt those kinds of places? Oh, and looks like this is my first post here. New to the area so I'm sure I'll be picking some brains.

My buddies father in law was the chairman of the fields. He gave him a key to the gate. We deer hunted the woods that surround the fields and never when anyone was there. Bow only but I never liked it because it seemed shady. That same buddy got busted for baiting with another guy out there last year. The wardens said they had no problem with them hunting there, just had a problem with them baiting. Glad I stopped going out there cuz one of them was in my stand and had corn all over the place.

RKenney

Old abandoned dragline. Actually made a pretty good blind. It had been there for several years, so the deer were used to it.

156p&y

An old outhouse at the edge of the woods, and an old 50's model chevy truck abandoned in the woods during a heavy rain.

Latest posts