Strangest place you have hunted?

bgrooms

The post about barns got me thinking. Where or what is the strangest place you have hunted?

For me, probably off a pallet on a forklift at the edge of a field.

Bass1090

I have hunted out of an old school bus on top of a ridge in West Virginia a couple of times. Once hunted out of an old John Boat that was about 100 yards in the woods next to a thicket here in TN.

HuntnMoon

Abandoned pop up camper, once, shot my biggest buck out of it.,. Also the only buck I never found...

cbhunter

on top of semi trailer next to a growed up field on the edge of a salvage yard. was in the wide open but had several deer within fifteen yards that never seemed to notice me. even ended up killing one

Hunter 257W

Guess my strangest place was one of my barns - which in itself isn't so strange - but the fact that I was under an open shed on the side of the barn hiding behind an old gas grill is a bit peculiar. :)

-DRM-

Sitting between a gooseneck trailer and a car hauler trailer, 200 yards from a buddy's house.

Then again, I regularly hunt out of a "taco stand": A converted U haul truck that has a flip up side window, lol.

348Winchester

I once killed a seven point from the cab of a 1940's GMC flatbed truck that was abandoned in the woods. When it rained, that was a great place. The landowner had it hauled off for scrap about 1999. I was sad to see it go.

Hunter 257W

348Winchester said:
I once killed a seven point from the cab of a 1940's GMC flatbed truck that was abandoned in the woods. When it rained, that was a great place. The landowner had it hauled off for scrap about 1999. I was sad to see it go.

You sure have good taste for the classics with all those old lever actions and hunting out of a 1940 truck! I love old trucks almost as much as old rifles. :)

JeepKuntry

It's not strange, but my in-laws front porch. Deer use the field to travel and I've killed a few deer from the porch. 8 acre field without trees limits spots. Usually use a pop up blind.

plinker22

A couple of times, I sat in the corner of a small wood shed, bow in hand. This little shed was right of the corner of the farmers house, facing a small Mobile Home.

The deer had worn out a trail between the two houses. The trail entered an alfalfa field that the deer loved.

I never shot a deer from the "stand" but always felt silly sitting there. When up in the woods, about 300 yds away, I would regularly watch the deer enter along this trail???

Boone 58

bgrooms said:
The post about barns got me thinking. Where or what is the strangest place you have hunted?

For me, probably off a pallet on a forklift at the edge of a field.

Chestatee wma in north Georgia...............the deliverance guys were there, just like in the movie......the creepiest thing I have ever witnessed................It was the morning the largest black bear ever got hit by a large truck and almost weighed 6-700 pounds or thereabouts.........about 1992 ish. The dudes were standing side by side, 3 of them, long beards like from the civil war and just staring a hole thru anyone who passed by them on the road. you would have had to have seen it to believe it. :crazy:

Latest posts