Storming the field

THEdonkey0515

Students have been storming fields forever. I remember watching Georgia storming the field after they beat UT almost 25 years ago.

It's fine sucks dude got hurt,but there's no need to change something that's been part of college sports for a long time.

prstide

Someone is going to get really hurt or worse before long if they don't fix it. I'm fine with letting it take place AFTER all players and personnel are off the field but there really is no place for it IMO. If they can't find a way to make it possible only after opposing team's players/personnel are in a safe area then fools need to be getting tazed or clubbed by security as soon as they enter onto the playing surface.

PillsburyDoughboy

Someone is going to get really hurt or worse before long if they don't fix it. I'm fine with letting it take place AFTER all players and personnel are off the field but there really is no place for it IMO. If they can't find a way to make it possible only after opposing team's players/personnel are in a safe area then fools need to be getting tazed or clubbed by security as soon as they enter onto the playing surface.
Tazing might make some of those with little itty bitty feeling feel better than punching the crap out of someone now wouldn't it :)

By the way I have never complimented you on your avatar prstide . Its awesome. Roll Tide.

And for those that need a reminder its been 500 days since the vols beat the GLORIOUS ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE in FOOTBALL :)

THEdonkey0515

Looks like the Duke player tried to trip the fan and Karma got him to me.

Been many of field/court stormings and the only incidents that come to mind is the Duke player trying to trip a guy and the Bama player pushing a woman fearing for his life besides that all fun and laughs.

PillsburyDoughboy

Been many of field/court stormings and the only incidents that come to mind is the Duke player trying to trip a guy and the Bama player pushing a woman fearing for his life besides that all fun and laughs.
Well we know how it ends when tn wins a normal game during a normal season. Its like winning a national Championship or something.

PillsburyDoughboy

Yes lets blame it on the players on the court instead of the morons storming the court. Makes perfect sense.

THEdonkey0515

Yes lets blame it on the players on the court instead of the morons storming the court. Makes perfect sense.
Your right the young man was probably fearing for his life. Probably has PTSD like the Alabama football player, this needs to stop immediately!!!!!!!

What is the NCAA waiting for! This is horrible. How could they let this horrible act go on for 60 years! Any student that touches the court or field needs tazed, beat and arrested the winning team needs to forfeit the game! They need to be 200 security guards at every single football game making sure this don't happen.

You convinced me I'm 100% on board. I hope no one has to witness the horrifying site of a court storming again.

Last edited:

Bamamonts

I personally don't like Alabama storming the field or court. I do t mind when other teams do it. If it's against the rules then they should be punished for breaking it just like any other rule. It definitely has the potential for people to get hurt.Emotions are high for fans and players and a lot of fans are intoxicated.
Any rational person can see where something could happen.
When Tennessee fans stormed the field after beating Alabama showed how hard it was to beat Alabama. It took them 17 years to do it and it was a great win. IMHO it shows how dominant your school has been for an opposing team to celebrate that much after beating your team.
Alabama didn't storm the field (it was in Knoxville) but I still remember Tyler Watts running through the T and ending Tennessee's 7 game winning streak.
Alabama wouldn't have stormed the field if was in Tuscaloosa but fans celebrate differently.

THEdonkey0515

I personally don't like Alabama storming the field or court. I do t mind when other teams do it. If it's against the rules then they should be punished for breaking it just like any other rule. It definitely has the potential for people to get hurt.Emotions are high for fans and players and a lot of fans are intoxicated.
Any rational person can see where something could happen.
When Tennessee fans stormed the field after beating Alabama showed how hard it was to beat Alabama. It took them 17 years to do it and it was a great win. IMHO it shows how dominant your school has been for an opposing team to celebrate that much after beating your team.
Alabama didn't storm the field (it was in Knoxville) but I still remember Tyler Watts running through the T and ending Tennessee's 7 game winning streak.
Alabama wouldn't have stormed the field if was in Tuscaloosa but fans celebrate differently.
It is against the rules in the SEC programs are fined.

I seen some idiot on ESPN say everyone that storms the field needs to be giving a citation and arrested what program/city has the manpower to set at every game to see if they are a field storming then write 2k citations and take 2k people to the overpopulated County Jail? It's not gonna happen. I think if they go with we are gonna hire 60 guards to taze and beat the 1000 fans storming that it would be a huge mess.

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
I started to storm the football field at Purdue one time when a student there. I got to the field and began to feel the pressure of the crowd and immediately turned around and got out of there. One of the dumbest things I ever did.

Yes, Purdue actually won a game in their history that was deemed worthy to storm the field…don't laugh, they really did! Maybe it was Bowling Green State or something, but it was a win.

Latest posts