Storming the field

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I didn't see it but apparently after LSU beat Alabama the fans stormed the field and tore down the goal posts. Now that I think about it, not sure about the goal posts, but anyway.

I read (on the internet, so there's that) the SEC is going to fine LSU $250,000 for it.

Ok so you have 100,000 +/- people there and they decide they are coming onto the field.
What does the SEC, or anyone else for that matter, think any school can do about it?
I mean really.

Not saying I am for it or against it, just a random thought this morning.

Crow Terminator

Definitely not much you can do about it. However, I was at the Talladega spring race in which the fans threw trash all over the track. It was in response to Gordon vs Earnhardt Jr and how the race ended. Anyways it didn't take much or long of that before the stands were swarmed by Alabama state troopers who quickly put an end to it. I don't know the exact number of seats Talladega has but it's a bunch. They basically came in with full on riot gear and anybody that remotely looked like they were being a trouble maker, got the brunt end of it. If they started doing that at college games...it might curb some of that field storming stuff. My understanding of it was, there was quite a bit of theft of team equipment too...one video of the LSU aftermath showed some little kid running out and taking off with the goal line orange piling cam thing lol.

BamaProud

I get why Tennessee stormed the field. It's a rivalry that Alabama has dominated for quite a while, and frankly, the Vols have been pretty bad for a long time. But LSU? They are just 3 years removed from a National Championship and they had 3 (now 4) wins over Alabama under the Saban regime, and AL/LSU isn't exactly a rivalry. They should expect to beat Alabama at home, at night.

Spurhunter

I get why Tennessee stormed the field. It's a rivalry that Alabama has dominated for quite a while, and frankly, the Vols have been pretty bad for a long time. But LSU? They are just 3 years removed from a National Championship and they had 3 (now 4) wins over Alabama under the Saban regime, and AL/LSU isn't exactly a rivalry. They should expect to beat Alabama at home, at night.
Agreed. I thought it was quite silly. I guess a lot of alcohol and an incredibly exciting overtime game was more than they could handle.

Boll Weevil

Back in 1999 hurricane Floyd all but destroyed the NC coast so NC State graciously allowed ECU to play their game against Miami at Carter Finley in Raleigh. ECU won...and the fans proceeded to tear down both goal posts. A favor returned with gratitude at it's finest.

PalsPal

It's the second time LSU fans have come on the field this year. They did when they beat Ole Miss also, so the fine goes up.

One reason is they way they won the game. The emotions of that ending helps prompt that.

You have a near-riot situation, so there's little you can do. If you exert force, you escalate the situation and make it worse.

What I'd like to know is what does the SEC office do with the fine money?

Rob R.

I didn't see it but apparently after LSU beat Alabama the fans stormed the field and tore down the goal posts. Now that I think about it, not sure about the goal posts, but anyway.

I read (on the internet, so there's that) the SEC is going to fine LSU $250,000 for it.

Ok so you have 100,000 +/- people there and they decide they are coming onto the field.
What does the SEC, or anyone else for that matter, think any school can do about it?
I mean really.

Not saying I am for it or against it, just a random thought this morning.
My stepson has a friend who's mom works in LSU's athletic dept. Said they had folks lining up to donate to pay the fine.
The last time Ole Miss beat Alabama at home I believe the fine was $100,000 for storming the field. Heard the fine expense was covered by Monday morning following the game. Just wish we could have a celebratory cigar at the game!😀

Gravey

It's part of it in big games. Let the fans celebrate but they can't be stealing stuff and acting a fool which we all know happens especially when alcohol is involved. I refer to it as liquid courage. Seems I've seen some place (or places) have goalposts that mechanically go up and down. Maybe install them across the board and lower them as soon as the clock hits 0:00.

MUP

It's part of it in big games. Let the fans celebrate but they can't be stealing stuff and acting a fool which we all know happens especially when alcohol is involved. I refer to it as liquid courage. Seems I've seen some place (or places) have goalposts that mechanically go up and down. Maybe install them across the board and lower them as soon as the clock hits 0:00.
Maybe if they lowered very quickly, as in "swatting" those criminal fans? :D
Rat Trap Reaction GIF by Where's My Challenge?

BamaProud

I'm sure you would like to believe that, but I bet you don't really actually believe it.

Alabama Football will be fine despite a single disappointing 2(or more) loss season. This isn't the first season during the Saban era that Alabama has had multiple loses.

Latest posts