Stopping deer traffic

Tn Joe

I have a situation where I need to stop deer movement though about a 200 yd section of woods. There's an obstacle on each end of the section and need to figure out what to do between those. Put up a fence? Cut down trees? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Dennis

I have a situation where I need to stop deer movement though about a 200 yd section of woods. There's an obstacle on each end of the section and need to figure out what to do between those. Put up a fence? Cut down trees? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks
I had a similar situation and I dropped trees the entire way. I don't think I'd recommend that though because they always find some ways through .

Here's what I would do: set up electric fence with T-posts sticking 4 or 5 feet off the ground. Use insulators and solar fence charger. Run 2 strands , one just above knee , other top of post. You can run it around obstacles , you just need more posts. Make sure vegetation doesn't ground it out.

Hduke86

Pee, hair and the likes are wasting time and effort. If you're serious get a couple of coyote decoys and a small MP3 player with lithium batteries and hit play. They're some little devices that are solar that let out a "ping" sound that keep deer away also. There's a house near a park that has a TON of deer and when you drive by the fence you hear almost this high frequency sound almost like high transmission lines but I have yet to see a deer in their yard after they put them up.

Latest posts