stoeger 3500 pump anygood?

Bone Collector

The 3500 is semi-auto not pump. the 350 is a pump. I own one of each and have had no issues out out of them, but if you have the money there are better guns to be had.

They are lower quality guns, but work and if you are on a budget they are hard to beat, IMO. I use the 3500 as my turkey gun and the 350 is just a utility pump gun that i would use as a boat oar if I had to. The 3500 is tapped for weaver bases so it is optics ready out of the box (at least mine was).

wlf89

its a pump 3500 not 350. see link above. i felt of it and a winchester sxp longbeard and the stoeger felt better. quality wise i have no idea. for a gun that will get shot few times a yr for turkey only i think it will be just fine and easier on the wallet.

REN

wlf89":2jwio8tu said:
its a pump 3500 not 350. see link above. i felt of it and a winchester sxp longbeard and the stoeger felt better. quality wise i have no idea. for a gun that will get shot few times a yr for turkey only i think it will be just fine and easier on the wallet.

thats odd they added a 3500 pump version I guess thats for 3.5 shells. Either way stoeger pumps are junk IMO

Bone Collector

REN":2m1xyubk said:
wlf89":2m1xyubk said:

thats odd they added a 3500 pump version I guess thats for 3.5 shells. Either way stoeger pumps are junk IMO

I think it is a typo in the add. the 3500 is a semi auto and I love mine. Like I said, you can pay more and get more, but the 3500 is hard to beat for the price.

the 350 is what is. I own one, it shoots, I can kill small game with it, and I would use it as a boat oar if i had to. It is a cheap shot gun. That one looks supped up a bit, mine is just the plain Jane 350 (black synthetic stock). Also with the 3.5" capability hard to beat for the price IMO.

Bone Collector

wlf89":1cpdwkxp said:
not a typo its stamped in the barrel and they have it on there site just not the camo pistol grip one for some reason.

im gonna go in morning and look at it again and probly buy it and hope it works

i dont see a p350 on there site so guess this one replaced it. hopefully improved from what your 350 is
https://www.stoegerindustries.com/pump-shotguns

Huh?!? Wonder what they will call the old 3500 now. It will need a new nomenclature.

**edit**

I see what they did they changed the #'s to make them all the same. then they just use the letter to differentiate. My semi is an M3500. My pump is a P350, now the P3500. P for pump, M for semi-autoMatic, , maybe?

the 3500 denotes the chamber 3500 = 3.5" and 3000 = 3". Never really paid much attention to that.

Bone Collector

wlf89":31v7qjkl said:
not a typo its stamped in the barrel and they have it on there site just not the camo pistol grip one for some reason.

im gonna go in morning and look at it again and probly buy it and hope it works

i dont see a p350 on there site so guess this one replaced it. hopefully improved from what your 350 is
https://www.stoegerindustries.com/pump-shotguns

FYI my P350 is not a bad gun. It is just a cheap shotgun, but it is no worse or better than any shot gun in that $250-$350 range and the fact that it holds a 3.5" shell honestly gives it an edge IMO. Of course If you are making this comparison it needs to be wood stock vs. wood stock or Synthetic vs. Synthetic.

Latest posts