Youth Weekend is near! This will pump you up (Video

2in1shot

Great videos. Would like to see some without the plastic turkeys. I get that you like them for the cinematic effects of turkey reaction. But a few videos without them would be just as cool. Display any evidence about decoys being more or less productive, kill or no kill.

Homgister13

Great videos. Would like to see some without the plastic turkeys. I get that you like them for the cinematic effects of turkey reaction. But a few videos without them would be just as cool. Display any evidence about decoys being more or less productive, kil

Homgister13

Thanks man, I see you would like to watch more traditional turkey hunts but it's just not my style. Check out Catman or Pinhoti project they make awesome videos of traditional hunting and I'm a big fan of those channels. But IMO Calling a bird in from over 300 yards to the decoy is no different from calling a bird in from over 300 without one. The only difference is you pull the trigger a lot faster without the decoy and the calling is a little more selective. I enjoy the hunt a lot more when I get to see their interaction with the decoy. I've killed a lot of birds without the decoy and in IMO your selling yourself short not using one. But everybody has their own style in which they like to hunt. I've noticed if your hunting without the decoy you have to be very selective when to call and position yourself just beyond a ridge top or just position yourself so when he sees you he's already in gun range that way he doesn't pick you off and as soon as you see that head it's best to take the shot as fast as possible. I like to be able to call aggressively when they're close, I love to hear those close gobbles and watch them dance around the decoy, just a beautiful thing to watch.. That's just my style.... There have been countless times the decoy has cost me a few birds tho... Sometimes those satellite birds will spook from a Jake or gobbler decoy.. I've also been busted setting the decoy up by birds coming in too fast. Every style has its challenges but I find that the decoy is the most exciting style especially if you bow hunt them without a blind. I'm not a fan of reaping turkeys or using the remote controlled decoys where you can go to the bird IMO that's kinda taking the actual "calling them in" aspect out of play but I'm not gonna hate on people that uses that method.. I've reaped turkeys before, it's affective and gets the job done just not a fan of it. But you may see a traditional hunt every now and then on my channel but that's because I couldn't get the decoy up fast enough. Like I said check out Dave Owens Pinhoti project, Catman Outdoors, Shane Simpson or the hunting public, all are great channels with mostly traditional hunting without a "Plastic Turkey".

TreyB

ROFL

44 posts and literally every single one is him trying to grow his YouTube
iron man eye roll GIF

th88

Will you stop... who cares what he does. If you don't like it then when you see him post "don't open the thread" simple.

This is a pretty good forum, would be nice to keep the spamming to a minimum. Now if he actually somewhat contributed to decent discussion, I'd let it slide.

TreyB

This is a pretty good forum, would be nice to keep the spamming to a minimum. Now if he actually somewhat contributed to decent discussion, I'd let it slide.
YOU would let it slide? IMO he is doing nothing wrong. If so, a mod would stop it. I agree it's a good forum. Some make things worse than what they really are.

Homgister13

Your just a hater man.. there's always that select few in every forum. You don't like it just keep moving on to the next topic, maybe there's a politics thread you can check out that would be of more interest to you.

762hunter

Your just a hater man.. there's always that select few in every forum. You don't like it just keep moving on to the next topic, maybe there's a politics thread you can check out that would be of more interest to you.
Wayyyy to easy to just scroll on, or be a super duper Internet cowboy and hate on another guys post which clearly looked like a good time for all!
Thanks for posting and keep them coming

decoy or no decoy, you do you and share the videos because not all of us are haters

Latest posts