Stir Fry!

TAFKAP

I usually just make stuff up. Short marinade + velveting some chicken thighs. Sesame oil, soy sauce, fish sauce, sriracha sauce, and a little tsp of corn starch. While that was blending, I sliced some zucchini & white onion, smashed a bunch of garlic, and fried some garlic & ginger slices in sesame oil to flavor it up a bit.

When it was time for the chicken, my big pan needed a lot of BTU's, so I centered it between four burners and let it rip. This wok is actually a "discada" pan from the local international market. It's made of 1/8" carbon steel, and it takes a lot of heat to warm up. Once it's hot, that thing'll scream. I dropped the chicken in the flavored oil and let it slow fry for a few minutes, then pulled it off. Tossed around all the veggies until they were good and carbonized, and threw the chicken back in. Once it was all done, stirred in some boiled rice noodles, and mixed it all up. ROasted sesame seeds to garnish, then serve in bowls.

I like mine with a very healthy dose of chili oil and some garlic/chili sauce from the Asian market

301861372_10100243434447775_2684207773375332742_n.jpg

Latest posts