stir fried beef and udon

WTM

addictive.

102CF4ED-1B6C-40B1-96AF-859BCC01FF32.jpeg

this is about the way i make it. wxcept inuse oyster sauce jnstead of the dark soy. you can use 1 teaspoon vinegar and a tblspoon water instead of the wine.

Last edited:

WTM

Nice. Do you velvet the beef before you stir fry?
yes. this was a cut of top sirloin tenders. cut across the grain thin. 1 tbl spoon soy sauce mix the beef then 1 teaspoon cornstarch and 1/2 teaspoon baking soda(to get the extra browning). mix and let sit for 30 min.

Last edited:

Shag

Looks good! I may give that a try in a day or 2. I smoked a Boston butt and a beef brisket yesterday. So we've been eating nothing but BBQ and inventive leftovers for 5 meals now. I'll be dang lucky if I don't wake up with gout in the morning.

TAFKAP

Well, mine wasn't anywhere close to yours. But it was delicious. The international market had some thin-sliced top sirloin, which was nicely marbled. I stir fried some bok choy and scallions with mine, and tossed in some buckwheat noodles. It turned out great. I velveted the meat with soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, and corn starch. I poached the meat in small batches, and removed them. For the first poaching oil, I fried some garlic and ginger in there to flavor it. Turned out great. When the veggies were all done, I threw the meat back in for as much of a scorcher as I could

Oh yeah, and I used oyster mushrooms as well. Great call. But seeing your picture, I realized I should've also gotten some bean sprouts.

WTM

Well, mine wasn't anywhere close to yours. But it was delicious. The international market had some thin-sliced top sirloin, which was nicely marbled. I stir fried some bok choy and scallions with mine, and tossed in some buckwheat noodles. It turned out great. I velveted the meat with soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, and corn starch. I poached the meat in small batches, and removed them. For the first poaching oil, I fried some garlic and ginger in there to flavor it. Turned out great. When the veggies were all done, I threw the meat back in for as much of a scorcher as I could

Oh yeah, and I used oyster mushrooms as well. Great call. But seeing your picture, I realized I should've also gotten some bean sprouts.
well done basically the same as i do it. asian food is real simple but just takes time to prepare the ingredients.

thats actually cabbage slice real thin but bean sprouts work too. i usually use baby bella mushrooms for an even more earthy unami kick but i had forgotten them this time.

Latest posts