STIR FRY

Forvols

Thought I would put this up. I have been doing stir fry for years, but most shoot from the hip (stir fry is a good recipe for that). But here is a base recipe including, meat, veggies, rice, and sauce. Tweek as you see fit. Tell me "OHH you shouldnt do that " ..shut up. Just sharing. We usually do chicken..but it works for any protein.

Chicken stir fry (you can use beef pork shrimp whatever)

Notes:

1 have all ingredients processed and ready to cook before you start cooking.

2 Don't over cook soft veggies ie onions. Cook hard veggies carrots, celery, broc, etc for approximately 3-5minutes before doing onions.

3 Taste the sauce as it is cooking to see if you want to add more spice(s).

4. This works best on a large griddle (I use a 36in blackstone). But if using a wok or pans. Do veggies one at a time then combine all for final stir fry.

5. Water brings nothing to the table cook rice / noodles in a broth and spice mix.

6. Add whatever veggies you want, just adhere to note 2 regarding overcooking veggies.

7. This is a base recipe tweek as you see fit. Some times I make it hotter or more on the soy side. That's why you need to taste as you cook .

8. ENOY

RICE:

2 cups of beef broth

¼ cup of water

2 cups uncooked rice (your choice what type, white, brown basmati, jasmine. I have mainly use basmati and brown)

¼ cup of soy sauce, some black pepper and garlic pwdr.

Cook rice per instructions on the bag.

SAUCE:

1 CAN of low sodium beef broth

½ cup of low sodium soy sauce

1 tsp of hoisin sauce

¼ tsp of ground ginger

¼ tsp of red pepper flakes

¼ tsp of granulated garlic

¼ tsp of onion powder

Slurry of corn starch

With the exception of the slurry, add all ingredients and bring to a boil, stir, lower to a simmer (TASTE and add any desired spices).

ADD slurry to thicken sauce

STIR FRY:

3-6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (or boneless skinless breast)

1 large onion

1 large bell pepper

1.5lb of broccoli

3 stalks of celery

TRIM chicken of any excess fat. Cut into bite size pieces, coat with soy sauce, garlic/onion pwdr and some red pepper flakes. Mix in a bowl set aside.

Onion cut in half then quarter the halves and break apart douse with some soy & mix

Julien bell pepper. Cut celery about ¼ thick on a diagonal cut. douse with some soy & mix

Broccoli use florets only, if frozen heat for 3-4 minutes in microwave. douse with some soy GARLIC/ONION PDR and red pepper flakes & mix. (I use the steam in bags broc, just go 3-4minutes)

In a VERY HOT wok or on griddle. Put down the chicken, cook to develop some crust or caramelization on the chicken UNTIL done. You can add some more soy and spices if desired.

Veggies do broc and onions one at a time. Bell pepper and Celery you can do together. If using 1 wok do the veggies and put in a large bowl. Add soy and spices as desired. When all veggies are done combine

FINAL:

Combine all meat and veggies drizzle with sauce and cook on hot wok or griddle for 3-5 minutes REMOVE from heat.

Rice can be eaten as is after cooked. Or stir fry it up by itself. Adding some peas a scramble egg green onion etc drizzle with the sauce. Again need a hot wok or griddle cook for 5-7 minutes.

Serve all over a bed of the fried rice or keep them separated. Add sauce as needed.

Great thing about this is you can add or delete what you want. Other veggies to consider. Zucchini, carrots, snow peas, cabbage, Brussel sprouts, also works well with about any meat or seafood you want to use.

Latest posts