Spring ducks

GUNNERX2

With all the rain we've had lately, the water level has risen on our little lake and has flooded all the natural food growing around the high spots. I went by the other day and could identify 9 duck species paddling around and generally having a good time. It's been several years since we had high water during duck season and our numbers have suffered.

GUNNERX2

Did a little work on the blind today and while there wasn't the variety of ducks there, the number of ducks increased. When I pulled up to the landing, fully 30 jacks flushed off the middle of the lake and they really didn't want to leave. Prolly made 4 passes before they sat back down on the north end. Got out to the blind and found a goose had built a nest on the roof and contained 5 eggs. Lots of geese back up in the flooded food along with mallards and woodies. It was nice to see.

Displaced_Vol

5 geese hanging around the ponds at home but haven't seen any little ones yet. A pair of mallards too. They tried to light on top of our heads fishing one afternoon on a little cow pond I have never seen a duck on before.

Dodge Man

I still have some hanging around in our bottoms. River flooded this past week and i got several mallard pictures on my trail cameras.

9826564B-BD7B-4484-9010-0D89D05F06ED.jpeg

Displaced_Vol

We currently have 2 mallards, 6 BWT & anywhere from 2-8 geese occasionally hanging on one of the ponds by the road. Most often it's 5 geese which is funny. Maybe younger birds that haven't paired up?

Latest posts