South Dickson County Activity

44 mag

I can't help with the south end of the county. The north end around Vanleer had slowed down a little bit but still seen deer last weekend. Will be back at this this weekend and see what happens.

BSK

Is peak rut usually around Nov 21st? Is there a good secondary rut?
In my area (western Humphreys County) peak is a little earlier, around the 10th to 20th, but we usually see a big surge in bucks hitting the scrapes just as we're coming off of peak rut. That surge in scrape visits then dwindles down and we see one last surge around Dec. 2, and then rutting action is basically over for the year. But then we have a very tight sex ratio and advanced buck age structure, so our rut is very short and very intense.

Smo

Northern Humphreys County… two of us have hunted every day since Monday… we've only saw 3 deer total..
We are on stand as I type & plan too stay until the end of shooting hours today.

I attribute the lack of activity too the full moon that just passed and the windy conditions over the last few days..

Scrape activity has almost stopped at this time.. but I anticipate a short surge in activity again within the next week to 10 days..

We have only heard 3 shots all week long..🥴

hillbillyfab

I can't help with the south end of the county. The north end around Vanleer had slowed down a little bit but still seen deer last weekend. Will be back at this this weekend and see what happens.

So are we hunting near one another and don't realize it? 🧐

Northern Humphreys County… two of us have hunted every day since Monday… we've only saw 3 deer total..
We are on stand as I type & plan too stay until the end of shooting hours today.

I attribute the lack of activity too the full moon that just passed and the windy conditions over the last few days..

Scrape activity has almost stopped at this time.. but I anticipate a short surge in activity again within the next week to 10 days..

We have only heard 3 shots all week long..🥴
Bummer, I saw 3 doe yesterday morning between 6:45-7:45. Other than that it's been a ghost town this past week.

Last edited:

Latest posts