snapping turtles

matt_brown

Here ya go. I also put reflective tape on the top end cap so they can be easily located at night. Some of them I have put rebar in. I cut the rebar half the length of my pvc and when I set it out I make sure it is on the same side as the float. When a fish or turtle pulls the line down the rebar slides to the opposite end of the pvc as the float and it will stand straight up in the water letting you know something is or was on it.

KENBOB10

matt_brown said:

Here ya go. I also put reflective tape on the top end cap so they can be easily located at night. Some of them I have put rebar in. I cut the rebar half the length of my pvc and when I set it out I make sure it is on the same side as the float. When a fish or turtle pulls the line down the rebar slides to the opposite end of the pvc as the float and it will stand straight up in the water letting you know something is or was on it.

Those are nice! Saw some ole boys on the Tennessee above cottonport one day using one half of one of those water noodles. They was catching the crap out of catfish. They asked me if I had seen a noodle. Lol they had one took under and it never came back up.

Poleaxe

How do the turtles keep from bitting through that line? Everytime I have used just trot line I come back next day with a bitten line? Now I put the leaders on there but have trouble pulling them in. I took out the trap and put out lines trying the circle hooks. Hopefully it works. Gonna check them in the morning before church.

matt_brown

Ive never had any problems with the cutting my line. I have had a problem with them getting my line tangled into trees and pulling off. I think its mostly catfish

Latest posts