Smokeless muzzeloader sight in day

jman 125

Been shooting at 100 sighted in 3 inches high. Shot today at 200 and tweaked it to the left a little dead on at 200 2.5 low at 300. May not even pick the centerfire up this year. I owe Andy S and Jlancer 500 a whole lot for the help. Super stand up guys thank yall.

Attachments

• 20231022_154841.jpg
    20231022_154841.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 60

jman 125

Good shooting! Jerry's top notch guy. Got a couple of guns from him over the years, one of the best when it comes to smokeless.

I know AndyS is, too
I know one thing both of them reached out to me and talked me through the whole process from picking a gun to sight in and they didn't have to. Cant say enough good about them

ADR

A Hankins conversation cva scout 45/70
Blued no muzzlebreak 300 grain fury star tip 58.2 gr of imr 4198 dry wool wad and cci mag long rifle primers
I have a similar gun (cva apex) and was shooting 300 grain fury star tips as well. Similar accuracy results as well.
I shot all of one deer with those bullets and went to barnes. Approx 85 yard shot quartering away. No exit and very little to no blood trail. He only ran 60 yards down hill so recovery was fairly easy. Mind you this is a single data point but it was all I needed to switch to a different bullet. Others may have had stellar results with the original fury bullets. I think I saw where fury now makes a bonded bullet but I've been extremely happy with the Barnes. YMMV

jman 125

I have a similar gun (cva apex) and was shooting 300 grain fury star tips as well. Similar accuracy results as well.
I shot all of one deer with those bullets and went to barnes. Approx 85 yard shot quartering away. No exit and very little to no blood trail. He only ran 60 yards down hill so recovery was fairly easy. Mind you this is a single data point but it was all I needed to switch to a different bullet. Others may have had stellar results with the original fury bullets. I think I saw where fury now makes a bonded bullet but I've been extremely happy with the Barnes. YMMV
These are the 2p bullets the website claims they are bonded. But like you if they dont perform i will change. I know of a couple people that shoot these and swear by them. Its amazing that i didn't even know they shot smokeless until we were talking and i mentioned having one now. Thank you for the advice it is appreciated

jlanecr500

If I remember correctly, all startips in current production are bonded. It's hard to beat a 250 or 290 tez as long as your gun shoots them accurately. To shoot them sabotless, gotta have a fast twist and give them a real kick in the pants in order to obturate them into the grooves. In my 40 cals, I full form coppers.

ADR

These are the 2p bullets the website claims they are bonded. But like you if they dont perform i will change. I know of a couple people that shoot these and swear by them. Its amazing that i didn't even know they shot smokeless until we were talking and i mentioned having one now. Thank you for the advice it is appreciated
I think the bonded would be the right choice. Their terminal performance has got to be better than the originals.

ADR

If I remember correctly, all startips in current production are bonded. It's hard to beat a 250 or 290 tez as long as your gun shoots them accurately. To shoot them sabotless, gotta have a fast twist and give them a real kick in the pants in order to obturate them into the grooves. In my 40 cals, I full form coppers.
Goes to show how long ago I looked! I remember they came out with the bonded version shortly after I got my setup but was supplied with the originals.
I am blessed the TEZs fit my barrel like a glove and shoot well out of my rifle. My sizing die sits there looking for something to do.

jman 125

Had a great hunt yesterday and this buck stepped out and went to work on a scrape 269 yrds 58.2 grain IMR 4198 wool wad and 300 gr fury star tip.
Absolutely leveled him .
Recovered the bullet and it stayed together well it weighed 295gr so far very pleased with the new smokeless. Thanks to everyone who helped me get this thing going.

Attachments

• 13417.jpeg
    13417.jpeg
    72.1 KB · Views: 26

Latest posts