Smoked beef ribs

feathersandfur2214

2-Step Enabled
Gonna try smoking some beef ribs on my smoker this weekend. I have never tried them before and was wondering if I could get any tips ? Any help or ideas is greatly appreciated.

mike243

/2 cup/120 mL paprika
1/3 cup/80 mL brown sugar
3 tablespoons/45 mL garlic powder
3 tablespoons/45 mL onion powder
2 tablespoons/30 mL oregano
2 tablespoons/30 mL salt
you can add more stuff and make it hot,this is a basic brisket rub that works well on ribs also, I will post a link to a site with a lot of good easy rubs and sauces

mike243

I cooked 30lbs of beef ribs at 225 or so for 7-8 hrs and they turned out great. every smoker is different,I did those on a southern pride so the temp was spot on the whole time.

feathersandfur2214

2-Step Enabled
I smoked mine on a masterbuilt electric smoker. Smoked at 225-230 for 6 1/2 hours. Some of the ribs were extremely dry . Others were pretty good. all were approximately the same thickness. Might try using a mop next time to try and keep them moist and definitely watch them closer.

mike243

the ones I cooked were very big bones ,there is a fine line with some things of hitting it rite,tough-tender-tough -dry , chicken that is skinless is tough for me to get like I want it. my masterbuilt works great but I rarely see any beef ribs these days. I love cooking briskets and whole Butts for pulled pork,its very forgiving unless you let the temps climb to high which I have happen with my stick burner and propane smoker a few times over the years.

Latest posts